Quantcast

Cheapest Transformers 2 DVD region free

Beany31

Distinguished Member
Hi, I have the Bluray but my girlfriends dad wants the DVD, he doesn't wanna pay £17.99 from dvdworldusa for a dvd so wondered where else to get it from? To be delivered this week.

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
The DVD will be region 1, Does he have a multi-region DVD player ??

PlayUSA have the DVD for £16.99 which is prob the cheapest if you want it soon.

Beany31

Distinguished Member
The DVD will be region 1, Does he have a multi-region DVD player ??

PlayUSA have the DVD for £16.99 which is prob the cheapest if you want it soon.
He has region 2 player mate unfortunately. I guess playusa is locked to region 1? :(

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
PlayUSA only supplies US or Canadian DVD's or BD's. The UK edition isn't out for a few weeks yet either :(

Beany31

Distinguished Member
PlayUSA only supplies US or Canadian DVD's or BD's. The UK edition isn't out for a few weeks yet either :(
Ok mate no worries, I'll order it from DVDworldusa and explain to him he's getting it early :thumbsup:

Edit: just found out it's not region free from there either. How comes only the Bluray is but not the DVD?

Last edited:

Indiana Jones

Ok mate no worries, I'll order it from DVDworldusa and explain to him he's getting it early :thumbsup:

Edit: just found out it's not region free from there either. How comes only the Bluray is but not the DVD?
After a decade of region coding every DVD release I doubt they see much point in changing that rule whereas they were a big supporter of HD-DVD which was region free so that is probaley one of the main reasons behind them staying region free (for most titles) on BD.

Are you sure his DVD player cant be made region free? as most players can be through a simple remote hack, hell my first DVD player back in 2000 could be made region free by using a hi-fi remote :rolleyes:

Beany31

Distinguished Member
After a decade of region coding every DVD release I doubt they see much point in changing that rule whereas they were a big supporter of HD-DVD which was region free so that is probaley one of the main reasons behind them staying region free (for most titles) on BD.

Are you sure his DVD player cant be made region free? as most players can be through a simple remote hack, hell my first DVD player back in 2000 could be made region free by using a hi-fi remote :rolleyes:
I've given him a file to burn to a cd to put in his dvd player to make it region free. We'll see if he does it right lol.

Top Bottom