Cheapest Stores....???

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by u768211, Apr 26, 2002.

1. u768211

u768211
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pack of smarties to the winner...

What are the cheapest websites (or other stores) for camcorders? The best I have found so far are ediscount and prcdirect, but I'm sure that you guys know of others.

Thanks,

James.

Specifically looking at Panasonic DS29 and 30, cheapest so far is £397 and £476 respectively, which considering Jessops want £550 for the 29 is quite a saving!.

While I am here, would you say that I am best off getting the 29 (no DV in) for £79 less and activating the DV in (but messing with the guarantee) or just getting the DS30 with DV in already activated??

2. porker

porker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hi James,

The prices you have quoted seem to be very good but here are some of the stores I have trawled through looking for a cheap Sony PC9.

www.go2camcorder.co.uk (2 year guarantee with all camcorders - friend bought his here, quick service!)

www.rgbdirect.co.uk

www.nomatica.com (also with 2 year guarantee - if you dont mind buying from europe)

www.krishav.co.uk (seemed reasonable for the Sony not sure about the Pan.)

Hope this is of some help and if you find anywhere cheaper yourself let me know!

Cheers,
    Mark.

3. u768211

u768211
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info.

I have checked all of these and ediscount is still the best for the DS30. Which I am pleased about, as I got Jessops to price match it on Sunday. He wasn't too happy as they had it down for £600!, but he matched it all the same.

Cheers,

James.