1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheapest set up to get sound from a pwd7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by subevo, Apr 10, 2005.

1. subevo

subevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if i buy a plasma pwd7 monitor with a triple input board how do i get sound.currently have an ordinary tv with a sky box.can anyone suggest the cheapest set up.what cables do i need etc.do i have to buy a surround sound kit and if so can you recommend a suitable model.thanks in advance.

2. tamthetim

tamthetim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    cheapest way is probably an all in one system........that is dvd with integrated amp and five speakers and sub..............................or more expensive a dvd player, separate amp and separate five speaker system.

what is budget? have you the space for separates?

cheers,tam

3. durain

durain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can i use a PC speaker system? the connection for the speaker system is via a 3.5mm jack (i think).

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    if you don't want surround...the panny has built in amp and you can connect stereo speakers to it

5. subevo

subevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers,i am doing this for a friend,i already have a pw7 with sepatate amp but my friend has a normal sky box.i need to know what type of cable goes to the monitor from the sky box so i can order one.also just tried to connect a speaker to the monitor using the provided terminals and no sound just humming.whats wrong? is it because im using a separate amp?

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    ok the 3.5mm jack associated with the PC input is an input only, the panel has a built in 2 channel amp connect audio from sky box to panel audio input and then 2 speakers (from £10 but spend £50 and will sound ok) to spring clips on panel, (i am 99% sure this is in the manual you know)

7. Supersonic72

Supersonic72
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Richer Sounds sell some budget plasma speakers for less than £50 or nearabouts.

The Panny ones are a comical £399

8. subevo

subevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks so far guys,i had forgotten about the built in amp.my problem now is i dont know what type of cable you connect to an ordinary sky box as ive never seen one and my friend works away from home and is back in 2 weeks and wants me to install it.i bought the pwd7bk from web electricals with the triple input board so i only have a composite cable and power cable going to mine but his will be different.to save money he dosent want full surround sound just yet.the triple input board dosent have any scart sockets do i need themfor the sky box?

9. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    you could use svideo and stereo cables (red/white) to the screen if scart isn't available..and of course assuming original sky has the stereo output.....if not i think you may be able to get a scart to 3 rca lead which will have a yellow rca for composite video and red/white rca for sound

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    get a JS tech RGB>VGA adapter, VGA lead and a 2 phono to 3.5mm audio cable
    And i assume you you mean the dual input board (RGBHV/YUV and S-video/composite