Cheapest Radeon with 2 monitor support???

J

Jonny1973

Any idea what the cheapest Radeon based card with support for 2 monitors (2*VGA) would be???

Whats the difference between the Radeon cards??
Any makes to avoid???

I've seen a Sapphire Radeon 9000 64Mb DDR AGP VIVO DVI RP @ £65, is it any good?

I want to use my PC monitor and AE100 projector at the same time so I don't have to swap cables.

Originally posted by Jonny1973
I've seen a Sapphire Radeon 9000 64Mb DDR AGP VIVO DVI RP @ £65, is it any good?

Its a good little card particularly filter modded on the VGA Socket. For 2 x VGA you'll need a DVI to VGA Adapter.

Its also fanless so is silent ;)

Neil.

Any idea what the cheapest Radeon based card with support for 2 monitors (2*VGA) would be???

Not sure whether it is the absolute cheapest, but this is £26 inc VAT...

RadeonVE APG 32MbDDR 2*db15 TV-Out

I have bought a couple of these for client systems in the past and I'm sure they'd be adequate for a basic HTPC system. No frills, unremarkable 3D performance but decent 2D, video-out and DVD playback.

MuFu.

i just happen to have a spare Radeon Ve 32 Mb it can be your for £20.00+ postage if your interested

regards

richard

I want a card that's Ok for the occaisional game too.

My 32Mb GeForce2 struggles with Flight Sim 2002. I'm looking for at least a 64Mb card that allows 2 monitors (not a TV).

Filter Mod basically removes filters at the output stage of the card and increases sharpness and removes video noise. Ideal for large projectors and essential if you want the best out of a HTPC.

Neil.

I want a card that's Ok for the occaisional game too.

Hmm.. in that case I'd recommend one of the Hercules 8500LE cards (in preference to a Radeon 9000), available from komplett.co.uk for £70-80.

MuFu.

I want a Radeon for it's DVD abilties. It's supposed to be the best.

I have a Hercules Prophet II GeForce2card right now and I'm not impressed by its performance.

That is a Radeon (R200-based) card, and will outperform the Radeon 9000 in most if not all gaming circumstances, sometimes significantly. The gap between it and the Radeon 9000 Pro is less, however.

Being Hercules I'd say that perhaps it might have slightly better quality discrete filtering stages that some of the far-eastern AIBMs' cards.

MuFu.

I don't think the radeon 8500 card supports both monitor and projector at the same time, If you go to toms hardware review site you'll find that the Radeon 8500DV only supports CRT and TV out or DVI and TV out and not DVI and CRT together so I wonder if the Radeon 8500 card is the same???

I've been looking for a card myself and loved the radeon 8500DV card with all the extra features on it only to discover at the last minute the problem above so if you find a card that can support both CRT and DVI that comes with a DVI to CRT convertor give me a shout.

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/01q4/011211/index.html

Originally posted by wynouk
I don't think the radeon 8500 card supports both monitor and projector at the same time, If you go to toms hardware review site you'll find that the Radeon 8500DV only supports CRT and TV out or DVI and TV out and not DVI and CRT together so I wonder if the Radeon 8500 card is the same???

It is not. Most Radeon cards (R200, R300) support dual-head + CVBS/S-VHS output, i.e. VGA + VGA, VGA + DVI or VGA/DVI + TV. These cards can all support a projector + CRT monitor at the same time.

The DV/AIW cards are exceptions and only support CVBS/S-VHS as a secondary ouput. Probably due to PCB space contraints or I/O allocations on RT1/RT2...

MuFu.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom