1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest quality DVD-R printable discs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Paul Swires, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Paul Swires

Paul Swires

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am from South Africa and on holiday in the London area and getting an Epson R300 printer when I get back. Because printable blank DVD media is so expensive in SA, I would like to get 100 or so blank discs to take back with me. In stores like PC World, Dixons, Curry's etc, their blank media like Verbatim costs around £1.30 ea. Now I know spindled discs of the same make can be had for around 50p each but unfortunately can only be had via the internet and credit card. Does someone know of a store or physical place in the London area where I can get relatively cheap good quality printable DVD-R media from.

Thanks.

2. dakara

dakara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I haven't been there for some time,but suggest that you try the stores in Tottenham Court Road.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    If in TCR on a Saturday then you will almost certainly find printable DVD's cheaper in one of the computer fairs. just look for the people holding big signs with 'computer fair this way' and follow the arrow!
    Otherwise get hold of the latest copy of MicroMart for a listing of local computer fairs. The fair I normally go to is a 5 minute walk from Stratford station (Saturday & Sunday till about 16:00) to the east of London on the Central Tube line or Mainline trains from Liverpool Street Station.

Mark.