1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest prices & best places to buy for Z1, AE300, HS10, etc

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dunkyboy, Jun 3, 2003.

1. dunkyboy

dunkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Okay, so what are today's cheapest prices for these PJs (and any other similar PJs I've left out), and where can I get them?

I got unlucky and had to scrap my plans to get a shiny new NEC LT240 from the States, so I'm reduced to getting something locally (or from Europe - any suggestions?) which of course means stepping down a couple notches in quality... I've got about £1500 I can spend, though I'd very much like to spend less.

I'm upgrading from an XGA business PJ with 300:1 contrast ratio so it has to be pretty decent - I'm mainly looking for good colours & black levels, though screen door does worry me as I've got an 8-foot screen and only sit about 11-12 feet away...

Ideally I'd like an HS-10 but I don't think there's any way I can get one for £1500, but if anyone knows otherwise, please do let me know (would be happy to import from just about anywhere, but if so, the £1500 should include VAT + customs).

I think I'll probably go for a Z1, as I've demoed one and thought it very nice (though screendoor and black levels could be an issue...) unless someone can convince me otherwise. I think I'd rather save the £300 difference between that and an AE300, and get a high contrast grey screen from Draper with it. I'm hoping the screendoor isn't such a big deal (happy to defocus slightly). Any experiences to share?

Anyway, cheers,

Dunc