1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest price on the 747

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bertha, Mar 5, 2002.

1. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Just wondering what the best price anyone has spotted for this interesting little chappy..plus if anyone has seen any proper reviews..cheers

Berth

2. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    £750 Home Cinema Heaven Multiregion!

I've got one, best thing i've ever bought. Picture is Sharp, Detailed, Colourful and all most DVD's are now grain-free! Who needs Hi-Definition!

Sound is just as good, with DD/DTS sounding cleaner and uncompressed than ever before and CD-Audio sounding fantastic.

Reviews are in Essential Home Cinema and Hi-Fi Choice. You can also catch a review on German site www.areadvd.com

Essential Home Cinema gave it:

Picture: 5/5
    Sound: 5/5
    Overall 5/5

:)

Hope this helps!

3. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    That was a quick reply - it does sound bloody marvellous..do you have many/any DVDA discs or SACD discs to test it...cheers

Berth

4. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    As of yet no...i don't plan to buy any too soon. Still getting over the cost of this thing :)

5. Mr Welly

Mr Welly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It sounds amazing with both.

DVDA in 96Khz/24Bit surround is great. 192Khz/24Bit Stereo is far subtler, but the fine detail is very clear.

SACD seems to have the edge in both cases though.

I've had the 747 less than a week, but have spent more time playing CD's on it as they soud so much better than they used to on my old 535.

Picture quality blew me away. :D

6. Grubert

Grubert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    What telly are you plugging the 747 into? I say this because someone said there were incompatibilities with Pioneer players and Sony TVs.

Cheers.

7. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    hello there - my telly is currently a rather embarassing Ferguson 33" bought quickly and cheaply for the world cup 4 years ago..& to be honest it's been a pretty good set its a 4:3 as at the time I wasn't overly convinced with all the 100hz processing malarky going on with the various W/S tvs..I'm thinking of retiring it to my computer room & getting an inexpensive 32" W/S model - something like the JVC 32TF1 or something my mother has one it seems to do the job rather well for day to day viewing and dvds etc..but my main immediate ambition is to get a hold of the Panasonic AE100 projector that they're all talking about on the pj part of this forum- this is partly why I'm very interested in the 747 as it has the sound features I've been waiting for and the video outputs that should bring out the best in the pj..if you have any recommendations for a decent/compatable/not too expensive 32 incher I'd appreciate any info...

Cheers

Berth

8. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well I've got a Sony 32FX20 (in my view still great) and i've got now problems with my Pioneer 747A and my Sony TV :)

9. Mr Welly

Mr Welly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Works fine with Panasonic

10. John F

John F
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    try playing jeepers creepers r1 in your modified 747 and see what happens not as great as everyone is saying & the problems are just starting to come to light.
    ps sorry for raining on your parade.

11. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    HeHe, i'm not worried. I've heard about the Jeepers creepers problems, but its been found on most models of Pioneer! I'm going to borrow Jeepers Creepers off a friend tomorrow to test it out!

In my view the player is the nutz and reviews say so as well. I find it funny that people are defending their players. I.e. see, "no my arcam player is better" comments on the other thread! I don't know what it is, maybe people are angry cause they just bought a new player and another comes along to better it.

Come on people, stop this crap. I'm happy with my player, your happy with yours...if somebody asks for advice just tell em what you think, don't come out with comments out of the blue. "Ah its not that great!"