cheapest price for Sharp XV-Z10000?

fraggle

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had my trusty Sony VPL-10HT for a couple of years now and fancy changing it to something with as good an image or better, and with a lot better black level and contrast ratio.

Similar throw range essential (sort of).

So I'm thinking of the Sharp Z10000, I hear it'll be discounted round about now as the new 11000 and 12000 come out.

I've emailed PriceJapan and am waiting for a reply (how long do they take?) but does anyone else know of places selling it cheap?

Converting PJs Euro price to UKP it comes out to under £3k plus the import tax and duties (22.5% isn't it?)

Richard

I'm contemplating this one too :) .. not done much research, Nexnix's £4645 ex. VAT is the cheapest I've found in the UK at the moment .. somewhat more than 3K. :eek:

Using their "gimme a quote" earlier on this evening, PriceJapan come up witha price something over $5K, delivered ex. taxes of course.

lol well then im making 3...... look to america for alternative though..... im a bit unhappy with spending that much totally blind though.....

ad

I saw your post on AVS :) .. waiting to see if there are any interesting replies. Buying blind is a potential problem I agree, but then it's not too convenient for me to demo one of these things anyway where I am.

I got a message from daniel at avs..... he didnt explicitly state it, but it lokos possible that avs themselves would ship to us. I had always been of the understanding that they would not..... am looking into it. To be honest id probably go for the benq since its throw is more suitable...... but id want a good dealer who i could rely on them should an issue occur, AVS would count as such in my book

ad

For me Sharps, both the Z200 and the Z10K provide the ideal throw, one of the reasons I'm mainly focussing on those .. also, the Pio 868 I'm in the process of buying doesn't work with the BenQ. :(

Alan Gouger(AVS) said he could ship me a CRT, but i'm not sure if they still export.:)

Originally posted by KraGorn
I'm contemplating this one too :) .. not done much research, Nexnix's £4645 ex. VAT is the cheapest I've found in the UK at the moment .. somewhat more than 3K. :eek:

Using their "gimme a quote" earlier on this evening, PriceJapan come up witha price something over $5K, delivered ex. taxes of course.

On their web site they quote "Price to Europe: EUR 4,172", add 28700 yen for DHL shipping ( = £143) exchange rate is £1 to EUR 1.488, so the PJ is £2804 + £143 + plus taxes.
(and if I'm right and they're 22.5% that makes one £3610 total)

Another good thing is the pound is really strong at the moment, and I know a few US companies are refusing to sell to the UK because of this, but if we buy abroad it saves us money! :)

But first thing I'll have to do is sell the Sony. I'll be sad to see it go :(

ok then, so im wrong on the export thing. Glad to say that! :D

I didnt actually know the benq didnt work with the 868...... as i say one of the nice things about using someone big like avs is that there will be someone on the other end who may be able to tell you this!

How about an nec ht1000 at about £2300 all inc...... you could add anamorphic lens and be away properly at under £3k.

ad

Originally posted by fraggle
On their web site they quote "Price to Europe: EUR 4,172", add 28700 yen for DHL shipping ( = £143) exchange rate is £1 to EUR 1.488, so the PJ is £2804 + £143 + plus taxes.
(and if I'm right and they're 22.5% that makes one £3610 total)
:eek: .. I must have been driving their quote system wrong then. I can't get it to quote me a final value in EUR or anything else other than YEN:

The products price YEN 478,000
Japan tax YEN 23,900
Shipping cost YEN 28,700
Our fee YEN 26,530
Insurance YEN 3,900
YEN Total YEN 561,030

YEN Wire receiving fee YEN 2,500
YEN Total YEN 563,530

Presumably without warranty if it fails one would have to get it fixed at cost here, where would one get that done, presumably Sharp (UK) wouldn't be interested.

Originally posted by KraGorn
:eek: .. I must have been driving their quote system wrong then. I can't get it to quote me a final value in EUR or anything else other than YEN:

The products price YEN 478,000
Japan tax YEN 23,900
Shipping cost YEN 28,700
Our fee YEN 26,530
Insurance YEN 3,900
YEN Total YEN 561,030

YEN Wire receiving fee YEN 2,500
YEN Total YEN 563,530

Presumably without warranty if it fails one would have to get it fixed at cost here, where would one get that done, presumably Sharp (UK) wouldn't be interested.

That price is even better, its £1 to 201 yen at the mo (off the BBC Business site) so that works out at £2800 ish plus UK taxes.

Fixed at cost here or shipped back to PriceJapan for repair, which would be whatever the repair cost vs. £300 postage.

But what was the last bit of AV gear you had that went wrong? :)

Rich

I considered going abroad before I got my Z200, but I was really put of by the potentual problems with the warranty...

John.

try HK for the 10k...... its retailing more like $4500 im told

ad

But what was the last bit of AV gear you had that went wrong? :)
True .. but Sod's law says the first time will be with something costing several grand. :D

Originally posted by JohnWH
I considered going abroad before I got my Z200, but I was really put of by the potentual problems with the warranty...
The Z200 is a sort of fall-back position for me at the moment .. that or an HT1100, can't decide.

kragorn,

where have you seen the ht1100? how much?

ad

Again, only in the UK at present, Nexnix have it at a tad under 3K ex. VAT, they reduced that by a couple of hundred or so within the last week. That now makes it cheaper than the 1000 was just before Christmas.

They also just knocked off several hundred from the PE8700, presumably they are the supplier someone on AVS alluded to yesterday.

the avs guy was talking about ivojo in fact...... £2800 odds now

would you like the ht1100 at £2k? ;)

ad

Originally posted by buns
the avs guy was talking about ivojo in fact...... £2800 odds now
Really .. Ivojo's web site still says £3191 ex. VAT.

Originally posted by buns
would you like the ht1100 at £2k? ;)
Ah, but what's the catch? :D

I've been searching round Europe as suggested and not seeing anything which approaches PJ prices and given the hassle of importing it doesn't make me feel like being adventurous.

The price of the Z10 from PJ though .. *drool*

Whats Ivojo's web site URL? Is this an american dealer?

I've been reading the reviews of the 8700, those and the price in the UK make it look a damn good pj for what you get :)

Does the HT1100 use the same DLP panel as the 8700/ Z10k?

Anyone done a side by side comparison of the 8700 and the Z10k?

Whats Ivojo's web site URL? Is this an american dealer?
Nope, Brit ... here, they got well known round here last autumn when they did a low-priced promo of Z2 pre-orders.

Does the HT1100 use the same DLP panel as the 8700/ Z10k?
Nope, the NEC is 1024x768 4:3 panel, the 8700 and Z10K are 1280x720 16:9 devices (Mustang)

Originally posted by JohnWH
Well the Z200's going for around £2600 to 2700 inc vat in the UK.
Yeah, Nexnix and Ivojo are similar to that, it's a nice price but there's a dearth of reviews of the Z200 and not too many people posting about them so I'm kind of reticent, whereas the 1100 is more of a known quantity I think.

the catch is importing from singapore...... im looking into it as we speak

ad

I believe the HT1100 actually uses the Matterhorn chipset with a resolution of 1024x576. So, like the HT1000 in 16:9 mode but without the light spill.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom