1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest price for Canon ixus 400

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by EndoKrine, May 5, 2003.

1. EndoKrine

EndoKrine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all just need some of you guys opinions.

At the moment I am thinking of buying the Canon ixus 400 digital camera. I am currently in Australia now and it costs about $AU900 for the camera.

I have a friend who works in a digital camera shop in Japan and the best price he can get me is equivalent (after conversion) to approx $AU700.

Im just thinking it would be easier to buy it here just in case i have problems with the camera but $au200 is a lot of money that i can save. if I can get him to check that the camera is fine before he sends it to me then hopefully i shouldnt have any dramas. (he will send it as a gift so it should not incur any extra charges/taxes)

I am undecided at the moment. What would you guys do? Just after a second opinion.

Also the best price in Australia for the camera is $888 from www.dhcpower.com.au. Does anyone know a shop that sells it cheaper?

Look foward to your replies.

2. Dave N

Dave N
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good choice of camera - had one a month now and v pleased with it. Dunno about Oz but I got mine at Amazon (.co.uk) for about 375-ish - this is cheaper than Duty Free at UK airports

Hope that helps...
    Dave

3. lampshuk

lampshuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This camera does look good and gets good reviews. I have been thinking about getting a new camera and this could be the one.

One thing that annoys me about my current camera (Epson PC850Z approx 3 years old) is the long delay between pressing the shoot button and the picture actually being taken (not just focus time).

This doesn't seem to be a regular review criterion.

Any Ixus 400 users care to comment on any shooting delay they have experienced? Or not?

4. mellow

mellow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try looking here for shutter lag, <0.1sec if pre-focussed can't be bad!

Worth reading the whole review if you haven't seen it yet.

Endokrine - might be worth you posting in appropriate forum in DPreview (www.dpreview.com)

5. EndoKrine

EndoKrine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeh thanx man, but that's where i initially posted it :)

Just wanted a second opinion... some of the ppl that post there may be biased...

I got the canon s230/v3 in the end. I'm liking it at the moment. Great little camera.