Cheapest price 4K TV with HDR

weavesno1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all and hope you've had a great Xmas,

What's the cheapest 4K tv at 55" that supports HDR?

Seems to be hundreds of models at the moment and struggling to find comparison charts or shootouts.

Regards Paul.

I got a LG 58UF8300 for $950. Is the entry level of the 2015 Color Prime series. It does support HDR.

If you have the chance to get the 55UF8600v, go for it instead of the UF8300!

Both are "Colour Prime" but I think the UF8600v is just like the UF8300 but with all the goodies... (3D, HK sound, etc).

Last edited:
If you have the chance to get the 55UF8600v, go for it instead of the UF8300!

Both are "Colour Prime" but I think the UF8600v is just like the UF8300 but with all the goodies... (3D, HK sound, etc).
Pilatus 950$ sounds intriguing. Where you get that price can you please let me know ?

Also can you check if your TV can play UHD, H264, 60 FPS - 2D file from Usb ? Link to Example file is below.

http://distribution.bbb3d.renderfarming.net/video/mp4/bbb_sunflower_2160p_60fps_normal.mp4

Big Buck Bunny 3D - Download

Maybe can you give a shot to to UHD, HDR,H265,60 FPS fire video sample too ? ( I already saw TV supports HDR from USB thanks to your tests but im not sure about videos with 60 FPS* ? )

Demo Ultra-HD - Fire - HDR Demo by FOX

Thanks

Last edited:
Pilatus 950$ sounds intriguing. Where you get that price can you please let me know ?

Also can you check if your TV can play UHD, H264, 60 FPS - 2D file from Usb ? Link to Example file is below.

http://distribution.bbb3d.renderfarming.net/video/mp4/bbb_sunflower_2160p_60fps_normal.mp4

Big Buck Bunny 3D - Download

Maybe can you give a shot to to UHD, HDR,H265,60 FPS fire video sample too ? ( I already saw TV supports HDR from USB thanks to your tests but im not sure about videos with 60 FPS* ? )

Demo Ultra-HD - Fire - HDR Demo by FOX

Thanks

Hi cnrps.

I got that price at "El buen fin" it is the equivalent of black friday in México. But right now you can found the tv on Amazon but it cost a little bit more $1098 Usd.

The Fox demo I've already tested it, it works and it does turn on the HDR mode.

When I get home I will test the "Big Bunny" sample and let you know the result.

Right now the only "downside" is that I don't know certainly if the tv supports HDR on streaming content. Because I tried Amazon Video and I didn't get HDR mode on the HDR content, but I read a post about Amazon limiting that option just to some tvs. The UF8600 has Prime Mastering Engine (just like the UF8300) and it does support HDR on Amazon, so this subject is a little bit confusing on the UF8300. So maybe in the future LG enables HDR on streaming content or maybe it has to be done on the streaming app.

Saludos

Thakns man for the quick and clear reply. My friend got a 55UB950v a 2014 LCD tv on his home and his tv can play H265 UHD 4k 60 fps but H264 UHD 4k 60 fps is a no go. Thats why i asked if you can play that Big Bunny sample.

Will be looking forward to your reply. I got my eyes on the tv but i want to test it with my own eyes in a tech shop. In my country the lowest price is around 1200 $.

Thakns man for the quick and clear reply. My friend got a 55UB950v a 2014 LCD tv on his home and his tv can play H265 UHD 4k 60 fps but H264 UHD 4k 60 fps is a no go. Thats why i asked if you can play that Big Bunny sample.

Will be looking forward to your reply. I got my eyes on the tv but i want to test it with my own eyes in a tech shop. In my country the lowest price is around 1200 $.

I tried the file but unfortunately the tv was not able to play it.

There´s nothing like seeing the tv and compare it to other models, maybe you found a better one at the same price. Bring your USB with files and see if they let you test them.

Saludos

Thanks a lot for taking a look. Your comments were very valuable

Don't bother with any HDR TV from the 2015 financial year range as most have had the feature added via a software update and therefore will probably not offer the true HDR that will be coming in the 2016 ranges. A lot of the current range also will only play ball via USB loaded content or streamed from the Internet (and not via HDMI) so incoming 4K Blu-Ray's etc won't show the HDR content

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom