1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest place to buy D-Theater from?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by sanjuro, Jun 15, 2004.

1. sanjuro

sanjuro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Anyone know of the cheapest place to buy a D-Theater player from ? i cant find a US supplier that ships to the UK are there any Jap/Hong Kong suppliers that do?

thanks

sanjuro

2. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was gonna ask the exact same question! I did a search and found this company : http://www.bhphoto.com , selling this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=298064&is=REG

They had a positive write-up a few months ago (by "acave", in February to be exact). And their current price ($579-95 + $114 postage) comes in at about 400quid at today's exchange rate so I'm *sorely* tempted. I'd be doubly tempted if they could be convinced to put a "Value - £30" customs declaration on it!

Is there anywhere else anybody has bought from recently?

Dan

3. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Yo

BHphoto are a top rated company. They have a huge store in NYC near Madison Sq Gdn. I've bought stuff from them before, but it was shipped to NJ.
    There's no way they'll put $30 as value !

JOhn

4. pdundas

pdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problems with BHP - they're highly rated and a large outfit. Expect to have to pay the full duty & VAT though.

5. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I didn't really expect BHP (or anybody come to that) to lie to Customs on my behalf, just something else on my "wishlist" ;) That's enough recommendations for me ta very much, now comes the difficult bit convincing my other half we need to get one. I'm gagging to see something in HD on my... Ahem I mean *our* lovely new screen!

Dan