1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest place to buy an iPod Mini

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Waser, Dec 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Waser

Waser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Any suggestions for the cheapest place to get one. :lesson:

Ebay auctions get overvalued, and the cheapest I can find it is £168 including shipping.

(No pyramid scheme links please) :thumbsdow

2. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Waser

If you are at an airport that has a Dixons, get it there. They are 17.5% cheaper as they don't charge the VAT. You can buy stuff on internal UK flights as well as international.

If not, try the Apple shop as they ooften give discounts to people registered for their e-mail news service.

3. dvdsubtitles

dvdsubtitles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought an iPod for the wife and was looking around for the cheapest deal. Lots of websites are affering them for around £150 but then thats excluding VAT and delivery. Also I found it very difficult to find online stores that actually had them in stock.

They're even cheaper on eBay from the USA but then again you have to pay delivery and eBay can be a bit dodgy. At the end of the day you're unlikely save more than £5-10 over the normal £179.

I can recommend buying online from apple - you get a free inscription to personalise your iPod, delivery is free and reliable, and as Kenny says you can get discounts if you are registered or if you are a student (I think). I did this and got a nice inscription cos its for the missus at xmas :)

Cheers,
    Mat

4. Waser

Waser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Yeah, I am registered with the Apple web site. I suppose I was hoping there was a place to make a little more of a saving but perhaps £168 is the cheapest I will get.

And the free inscription at the moment is a good offer. I may go for it unless anyone can offer any other suggestions?

I don't plan on flying anywhere soon and I have heard the stocks run quite low on airport Dixons anyway.

5. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,256
    Apple just emailed me a £20 off £200 (ex VAT) coupon - too high for you but does help if you're making a big purchase. The coupon is specific to my account so I can't post it for anyone else to use, but I guess anyone registered will get the same mailer.

6. triborg

triborg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Waser,

I bought a nice mini I pod player last day @ www.andorradutyfree.com for 259€, I think it's a really good price.
    If you don't find the item on their site just send them an e-mail and they will answer you.

Cheers,

triborg

7. LinkinRuss

LinkinRuss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    if ur a student or kno someone is..... u get 8% off at the apple store...i got £18 off my 20gb the other day

8. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    Ipod mini - £152 from Virgin megastore duty free :)