Cheapest place to buy a Parasound A51?

juniper

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Before I decide whether to go for a certain gentleman's 2205A (hi again Thunder, sorry for the procrastination:) ), I'm now also considering an A51, but have no idea whether there are any deals out there. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also where would the best priced Rotel 1095 be - I need to get a demo of these probably......

It wont be anywhere near 850 quid:rotfl:

recruit said:
Yep if you're hopeing for a price like that then no chance ! :eek:

I absolutely realise that, and I know the list price, just don't know what discounts are available and also wanted to know how big the difference I would pay to get something shiny and new......

juniper said:
I absolutely realise that, and I know the list price, just don't know what discounts are available and also wanted to know how big the difference I would pay to get something shiny and new......

I think the best price would be in the region of ÂŁ2000 - ÂŁ2500 for a new unit...

Thanks Recruit - I had no idea, which was the reason for my original question:) . That's great - I will contact CRTprojectors accordingly. At ÂŁ2k (if I can get it for that) I'm more than interested........

juniper said:
Is that to include the Mark Grant cables now:D

You wont get cables with the new unit either:D But seriously (I know im biassed) there wont be a large performance gap between the A51 and the 2205. It is better, but not £1130.00 better:smashin:

Thunder said:
You wont get cables with the new unit either:D But seriously (I know im biassed) there wont be a large performance gap between the A52 and the 2205. It is better, but not ÂŁ1130.00 better:smashin:

I would not pay over ÂŁ2K for an A52 :eek: A51 yes :D

Sorry I meant A51:confused:

Have you listened to the new "Classic" range? Quite a bit cheaper than the Halo`s. Heard this at the Bristol show on saturday & sounded very good indeed.

Dan:)

danny daniell said:
Have you listened to the new "Classic" range? Quite a bit cheaper than the Halo`s. Heard this at the Bristol show on saturday & sounded very good indeed.

Dan:)

Dan,

I haven't - would you mean say the 5250? Looking at the spec. the only real difference I see is the lack of THX certification - are there many others??

I've now downloaded the manual and I see that the 5250 is THX Ultra II also, and what the other differences are. One thing which slightly worries me in the manual is the reference to the potential for tripping circuit beakers upon powering up, but I'm not clear if this is from "auot-on" or from a hard power up. Would anyone care to comment on this, and Thunder, does this happen on your 2205A too please?

Many thanks once more:)

Never had a problem with my 2205. I use it in auto power on mode using a 12v power supply and the action switches on my Tag AV32RDP. When the Tag goes into multichannel mode it closes one of its action switches letting the 12v through to the 2205 which lights up every time without fault.

If it wasn't for the pickup only on thunders I would have had it I must admit,just cant get there at mo!

I asked the same thing as you Juniper and have the prices,if you want them pm me!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom