1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest place to buy a panny PTAE200e from ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by perry ferrit, Oct 19, 2003.

1. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been looking for the last three weeks for a s/h panny ptae100e projector but have had no luck. So i am going to bite the bullit and buy a new panny 200e. does anyone know where is the cheapest place at the moment ? The best i have seen is £750 but if anyone knows of any cheaper deals or of a second hand ptae100e please let me know.

Thank you......

2. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Komplett.co.uk have it for £699

3. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Has anyone successfully ordered from Komplett? We tried - crashed and burned!

4. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +661
    I bought a ae100 last week from www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk for £599 and has no problems whatsoever. They are based in glasgow so I saw it working and collected it but they do offer delivery. The bulb only 10 hours on it.

5. browsking

browsking
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.digitaldirectuk.com have AE200 at £735 or thereabouts. Bought my AE100 from here and delivery was next day. Nice bloke on the phone as well.............

6. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey tonetrainer,
    I have just ordered my Panasonic PT-AE200 from Komplett, fingers crossed, that everything will go fine. £699 is a complete steal i may add, hopefully i will be a lucky lcd pj owner and experience no problems.
    Regards
    fred

7. Tony Ferrino

Tony Ferrino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered a 200 from Komplett on the 20th, posted 21st, should be with me today fingers crossed, so Komplett do have them in stock. Apparently Empire Direct will price match if you can blag them well enough, look on the Panny bargain thread on thedvdforums.com.

8. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey all got my PT-AE200 AND GOB SMACKED by the pq,
    It is immense, such good picture from my dvd player, not tried it with everything else, but i would say that pq is better than my crt tv..much better. Althought blacks are not very dark this can be adjusted..set up is really easy with OSD and easy options. I didn't notice any screendoor or 'chicken-wire' effect or had any problems in the setting up.
    This pj is definately versitale with vertical and horizontal adjustment and adjustable feet so you can easily produce a very good image, i had a focused and very good quality picture after only a few minutes of playing around, literally! I will change setting though to get an even better quality. The manual is helpful and simple to follow, so no one really needs to know that much about projectors to operate this thing.
    The remote is classy and small, backlit, and with a few buttons can change everything.
    I am deeply impressed by the PT-AE200 and wonder how much better the picture can get, i was projecting onto my wall with laminated double doors to my cupboard so the set up was not ideal, i might be able to post a few screenshots in the next few days. When i finally get my 6ft wide pj screen i am sure i will be blown away!
    This is probably going to be the final big spending on my hc, of course i will buy a prof equipment rack soon and eventually get someone to put my speaker brackets on the wall so i can put them above ear level so i suspect my hc set up to be completely complete by the end of december :) so expect pictures then and probably numerous screenshots..for about 4 grands worth of kit, everything which goes towards the hc, i reckon i have got a hc that will rivel those of people who have kit worth double that.
    Regards
    Fred
    p.s. if anyone lives near surrey there are welcome to come over for an audtion :)

9. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if someone had to spend 700 quid this is definately the place...i seriously wonder why they haven't had massive demand for these and sold out..i anticipated they would
    Fred

10. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    There's a few screenshots of my Panny AE200 on my webspace:

http://other.mildlyamusing.co.uk/

if anyone's interested. Pics vary from when I was projecting on a bed sheet, to projecting on my screen - but they're sometimes quite blurry (my camera's fault!)

11. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yeah a few corrections for my mini review, the PT-AE200 only has vertical keystone adjustment, sorry got confused because the 200 and 300 manual is integrated, but still enough flexibility to be happy.
    Regards
    Fred