Cheapest place to buy a genuine version of Microsoft Office 2019/2021?

Fade In

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Everywhere I've looked is asking £90-£100+ for a genuine version of MS Office 2019 or 2021 which seems extortionate. Where's the cheapest place to buy a legitimate/genuine version of it? Only need it for a single PC, so don't need those multiple license versions.

Not after any corporate licenses that people are selling on Amazon/eBay or anything like that, a genuine version that can be verified/authorised with Microsoft etc.

Ideally looking for Home + Business, but would be happy with Home + Student if it was a good price.

Thanks

£100 isn't a lot of money for the best piece of software in the world at what it does. Many other bits of software that fit that description costs thousands of pounds, even very widely used ones like Adobe's creative suite (photoshop etc.)

If it's not even worth that amount for years of use then perhaps consider cheaper alternatives (office online, libreoffice etc.)

If it does absolutely have to be that office suite then Microsoft only tend to offer large discounts through student and workplace schemes so your best bet for avoiding the murky world of key sellers may be a second hand boxed copy, although I suspect there won't be many around on the newest editions.

£100 isn't a lot of money for the best piece of software in the world at what it does. Many other bits of software that fit that description costs thousands of pounds, even very widely used ones like Adobe's creative suite (photoshop etc.)

If it's not even worth that amount for years of use then perhaps consider cheaper alternatives (office online, libreoffice etc.)

If it does absolutely have to be that office suite then Microsoft only tend to offer large discounts through student and workplace schemes so your best bet for avoiding the murky world of key sellers may be a second hand boxed copy, although I suspect there won't be many around on the newest editions.
Oh I know it's the best at what it does, it's just I've paid for it about five times already over the past decade and all were just single use-one PC licenses (as far as I know), reluctant to spend yet another £100+ on it.

Honestly - try using Libre Office instead. It's very similar in use and scope and is compatible (in and out) with MS "O" file formatting - you can set those up as defaults if you care to. No risk, of course. If it isn't suitable then you can still go ahead and buy MS "O".

you could also try open office, which is a free opensource alternative. I've used it a while back, found it quite good. It's quite good, supporting office formats and is quite intuitive and similar enouugh to MS office to make the transition easy. Of course it doesn't have all the span of office applications nor the complete functionality of MS Office, but as a free alternative its pretty damn good.

You can get cheap OEM Windows keys from whokeys but note that it will be locked to the specific PC you install it on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom