1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest place for UMD R2 movies?

Discussion in 'PS Vita Forum' started by mdawkins, Jul 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. mdawkins

mdawkins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me the cheapest place to buy Region 2 UMD movies? as there doesn't seem to be many on ebay and most websites I have found selling them are based in Hong Kong?

Thanks

Martin.

2. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Until the PSP gets released in the UK, you're going to have a hard time getting cheap ones. JPN UMDs, I've seen going for 30quid on eBay.

Play.com have some from 10 and up for preorders.

3. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    I don't think they will ever be cheap. Amazon.co.jp are selling them for between £16 and £20. Play's prices are about £14.99 for the newer films. The best thing to do is get a US PSP as the films there are half the price.

I read an article on Sony's PSP update in Japan earlier in the week that said the sales of UMD films in the US is 10x that of Japan (4.4million in the US vs. only 400,000 in Japan to date). I wonder why!!!!!

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Region 2 Umds are always going to be more expensive. The cheapest I have seen them liksang they work out at arround £20 shipped plus import duty.

If you want the original movies region 1 PSP is the way to go I picked up 3 of the launch UMD movies for around £4 each shipped from Dvdsoon.com

The prices have gone up a bit but the region 1 films are still mostly £9 or less each shipped from there.