1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheapest place for tosh 32zd26 ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by shauny1, Dec 29, 2002.

1. shauny1

shauny1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheapest place for tosh 32zd26 ? ive seem that robertsons are doing it for 850 prc 850+40 delivery and rgb 880 has anyone seen it cheaper and has anyone brought from these places? any problems etc as i live in surrey i was thinking about buying from rgb essex as robertsons are in scotland ?
    + should i wait a little longer ( do interent sites have xmas sales?)

all the best in 2003

2. CHAD 8

CHAD 8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    YOU COULD TRY WWW.KELKOO.CO.UK. IT SHOULD GIVE YOU A LIST OF UPDATED ONLINE PRICES FOR THE SET.CHEERS

3. fargo jerry

fargo jerry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    JL in cheadle were price matching a local retailer at £850 inc 5 yr warranty. The Cheadle branch in turn was being price matched by other JL stores (how do i know? - myself and a colleague went to JL Solihull and he purchased one on 30/12/02)

Apologies if this has been posted before - the offer may have also finished, i'm not sure

Good luck :)

4. shauny1

shauny1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many many thanks - just brought one 2 mins ago from jl kingston for 849 inc delivery with a free 5 year warrenty ahhh the interent is such a good tool
    cheers for the info

5. NigelW

NigelW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    fargo jerry
    Can you say who JL in Cheadle were price matching against? I'm getting tempted to go and get one........ :)

NigelW

6. fargo jerry

fargo jerry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    don't know, sorry.

You shouldn't have a problem though, just ask your local store to confirm the price by phoning JL Cheadle, they seemed happy to confirm £850 for JL Solihull to match against :)

7. shauny1

shauny1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats what i did just send them an e mail mention cheadle
    5 mins later got a phone call hey presto 849 free 5 year warrenty delivery fri

8. NigelW

NigelW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that guys, but my local store IS Cheadle, so who do I tell them to match against?

Sorry for the newb questions..... :)

NigelW

9. vee_cee

vee_cee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got back from jl at cheadle

The ticket price for the tosh 32zd26 is £849 inc free delivery and 5yrs warranty

Mines being delivered a week tomorrow, by which time the lounge will be decorated and i can install my first HC system

Cheers
    VC

10. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Thanks for the tips, guys.

Took a trip up to JL Cheadle yesterday lunchtime and picked up the 32ZD26 for £849 which is pretty cool considering JL Liverpool refused to pricematch the same set for £955 3 weeks ago.

Again, much appreciated.

-- Cheers, Barry

11. ditton15

ditton15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and all along I was thinking that I had a bargain @ £852 for my 32ZD26 from JL Edinburgh (price matched with Robertson's high street match of Robertson's Online) ....

ditton

12. Martin Gibson

Martin Gibson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    'Sound and vision' are also selling the 32ZD26P for £850 including UK delivery and 36ZD26P for £1250. I found their number on www.soundandvision.uk.com.

I had previously bought some AV kit from their store in Farnworth, Manchester and they seem to be very competative.

13. Spoonman2

Spoonman2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I phoned the Bluewater branch of JL in kent, the woman said it was £999 with 1 year warranty. I asked her to phone cheadle, and tell me how much they were there, she phoned me back in 2 mins, and said it was £849 with 5 years parts, and labour, AND free delivery. So i ordered it over the phone.
    Didn`t even have to leave the house!
    Getting delivered tuesday morning.
    Even Robertsons were £850 with 1 years warranty, which has now changed to £920!

Spoony.

14. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    btw, for those of you who are just about to pick up up the 32ZD26P from John Lewis, it might be worth checking out this post put together by bibooo which references various setup etc issues with this set :

Toshiba xxZD26P - Complete summary

(...Cheers bibooo)

-- Barry

15. Soy1

Soy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just ordered one of these from allders as there is no john lewis shops in my area. At first they would not hear of price matching john lewis with there being none in my area. I then sent a polite email to the store manager explaining that as a regular customer of their store i would rather spend the money with them than drive 50 miles or so to my nearest john lewis, but was not willing to pay £150 extra for the privilage of buying from them. 30 mins later i recieved a reply telling me they would price match and i had the pleasure of making my purchase with the same member of staff who had quite firmly refused to price match earlier. I would just like to say a big thank you to the customer service manager at allders and you guys on this forum who let me know what a great deal john lewis at cheadle were doing.