Cheapest Place For a Wii

MattZani

Ex Member
Reaction score
yes, i know you will all say its cheap as it is, but after buying a PS3, and soon an HDTV and 5.1 system, every penny counts! so where is the cheapest place to get a wii? and do you expect the price to come down in a couple months, or is it stuck firm?

Im trying a wii for the first time tomorrow:eek: , hopefully i'll love it :clap: not more than my PS3 though! :rolleyes:

Thanks

I suspect the price of the console is the same everywhere. The only difference may be in specific bundles offered by various retailers. The price isn't going to come down any time soon as there is no reason for Nintendo to drop the price. The console is still selling out and Nintendo is still having trouble keeping up with demand.

Prices only come down when retailers want to add an incentive to buyers. Until it at least stops selling out so quickly, you're unlikely to see the price change.

Damn, ahwell, any idea when the rumuored price drop/new colours is?

i really want a wii!

The last thing you want is a new coloured version to come out. It'll sell out in minutes and reignite the publics buying fervour for the Wii!

Damn, ahwell, any idea when the rumuored price drop/new colours is?

i really want a wii!

Unfortunately not. The price drop and different coloured consoles will come but as to when is anybody's guess. At the moment Nintendo is having enough of a problem trying to supply enough consoles to worry about offering different coloured consoles. I think once the demand and supply stabalizes then they will consider offering other colours. I suspect these are most likely going to appear in Japan first though maybe as special edition tie ins with certain big games.

hopefully i can hold out, but it will probably next year! ahwell, a white wii won't look that bad next a PS3 and black TV...

sadly none for sale, and pre-owned Wii go for the same as new ones, maybe a game chucked in but...

oops, used to a slow forum, thought they were a month old! sadly its too early, as i said (kinda) in my 1st post, im buying other stuff first, and haven't even played a wii yet, i just want to get a perspective of the market at the moment.

The last thing you want is a new coloured version to come out. It'll sell out in minutes and reignite the publics buying fervour for the Wii!
I have just about settled on a Wii but won't buy until September when I move into a flat for 2nd year uni. Hopefully the stock situ will have calmed down, a black Wii is announced and Paper Mario is near a Pal release. I will be happy with just the first and last one coming true. If a black colour is announced, it'd be a great bonus

thats what im doing, although may wait until after x-mas, and hopefully a sale!

I understand argos are getting bulk stock in the next couple of weeks. A little cheeky for people to demand beyond the odds for a second hand machine when brand new is cheaper!

its all because of short supply, and demand.

Powerplay have them for sale at ÂŁ174.99 delivered. They are taking orders, but there's no news of when they're going to have any stock available to despatch.

In terms of value for money, Gamestation have had the best value bundle. At ÂŁ274.99 with 3 games and a 1GB memory card, this represents a saving of around ÂŁ45 off rrp or ÂŁ35 off Gamestation's own (discounted) prices.

The Wii has been out for almost 6 months now and is still in strong demand so i don't really expect a price drop anytime soon and even if there was one at Christmas it wont be a lot as it started off at a low price, however if one was to happen £150 would be the max it would go to.

If you want a Wii in different colours again I don't see that happening anytime soon, although Nintendo have already shown off the 5 new colours they are still struggling with the demand of just one colour let alone 5.

I think your best bet if you would a black Wii is to get a Wii now and mod the case otherwise I think you will be in for a long wait
I have seen a black case and a chrome case which does look very very nice.

I have seen a black case and a chrome case which does look very very nice.

Chrome sounds good!

Was it modding intructions or an mod to buy?

Cheers,

RDB

I am not sure if it against the rules to post where to buy modding tools, but you can get them for under £30 and there are guides over the internet how to fit them, looks pretty straight forward. I am planning on doing one soon. Anyway here are pictures, does look pretty sweet

Attachments

• xcm-i-case-wii-preview-20070320114620955.jpg
    xcm-i-case-wii-preview-20070320114620955.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 84
  • xcm-i-case-wii-preview-20070320114634017.jpg
    xcm-i-case-wii-preview-20070320114634017.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 66

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom