cheapest place for a panasonic 46g20b

shepster34

Established Member
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me the cheapest place to buy a p46g20b with 5 year guarantee? i cannot find it at any local retailers, only the 42 inch little brother. I have seen a few online but the cheapest i have seen it for is for £1150 which included the 5 year guarantee.

i like the p46g20b as ive heard good things. I was thinking of the LG 50pk350 which i can buy for £599 + £60 for a 5 year guarantee. Total bargain but ive just seen a 50pk350 at currys and though the picture was good it had bad IR (presumably from using a blu-ray and leaving it on the menu as i could easily make out "surfs up" title) this worried me about my own viewing as it would be used with many channels with their logo's in the corner.

I then saw a 42g20b showing the brazil match in freeview hd and it was absolutely superb and has now made me rethink my choice. I know im not going to get the 46 inch panasonic for the price i can get the 50pk350 but if i could find one for less than a grand i would consider it.

The salesman at currys tried telling me the s20b was just the same tv as the g20b but without freesat and much cheaper...but when i then wanted to try my usb pen to test a hd sample on the s20b it didnt have one so how can this be true?

ive already put off buying a tv ready for the world cup until i was unsure which to get but im getting more restless to get one that i may just get the 50pk350 at the bargain price.

Edit: seen a p50g20b at dixons for £1155 but no 5 year guarantee, cant see its 46 inch brother at dixons though.

thanks in advance.
shep

Last edited:
Last edited:
My standard advice is to check out the Richer Sounds web site or give them a call.

My standard advice is to check out the Richer Sounds web site or give them a call.

hi, yes thats where ive seen the great price for the 50pk350. unfortunately they only stock the 42 inch g20b not the 46g20b.

i think i may just bite the bullet and get the 50pk350. At least if it goes wrong i will have the 5 year guarantee and ive heard great things about richer sounds and their guarantee. Im just so worried about IR...

It's worth becoming a member at Costco for a year as they have the 46" @ £930 and the 42" on special this month @ £740, both incl. 5yr warranty :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom