Cheapest colour Remote?

MrCoopz

Established Member
Reaction score
I am after a new remote to work 6 things and wanted one that u could put the channel logos on.

I have no idea of which do this and how they even work :)

Also which is the cheapest Black and white one thats supports this?

I gather you are talking about a touch screen remote that you can add your own graphics to. for that the king of the hill is the philips pronto.
A colour pronto pro will cost you around £600 with a replacement coming out sometime around christmas. A 1st generation black and white pronto 890 or 940 will cost you £150 from RS or you can import a refurbed unit from america for about £85 all in. This black and white pronto has recently been replaced with a 16 shade grayscale prontoNG 3000 and this model costs abour £250.
All these models would siut your needs but require extensive programming on a pc.

Originally posted by Sandman
I gather you are talking about a touch screen remote that you can add your own graphics to. for that the king of the hill is the philips pronto.
A colour pronto pro will cost you around £600 with a replacement coming out sometime around christmas. A 1st generation black and white pronto 890 or 940 will cost you £150 from RS or you can import a refurbed unit from america for about £85 all in. This black and white pronto has recently been replaced with a 16 shade grayscale prontoNG 3000 and this model costs abour £250.
All these models would siut your needs but require extensive programming on a pc.

semi extensive...... its not really that bad

ad

thanks guys

how good are the refurbished units?

and do they do colour refurbished units?

The refurbed units I have recieved have both been very good, in fact one of them was a 2mb model in the body of a 1MB model. Refurbed pronto pro's do exist, the trouble you might have is finding someone who will ship one to the uk. Try ebay.com (not .co.uk)
I got mine from www.pcseller.com, he is fast and reliable and I havent has to pay import duties. His product and shipping prices do fluctuate so worth while keeping your eye on their website.

You might want to try a color Sony Clie or Palm using Omniremote software.

Probably cost you about £200 but you get a pda with mp3 player too.

Cheers,
Cal.

If you like a few more hard buttons than the Pronto Pro then the Marantz RC9200 colour or 5200 b&w remotes are great.
You can get an exdemo RC9200 for about £550 or new around £650 online. This remote is boxed with the RF receiver & docking station. The RF unit is an optional extra with the PPro.

Mark.

I didnt realise they were that expensive

I wound never be able too pay over £100+ just for a remote :)

At the moment i have a E-Pilot which does its Job, i was just looking for one that i can set out properly (Sky Digital on the E-Pilot is a right mess)

I was looking at the site that Sandman said and i $109. (£65.27) is a great price in which i would be willing to pay but they theres the $39 (£23.35) Delivery and i dont wanna spend an extra £23 because as i said i dont wanna pay alot becuase its only a remote :) albeit a brilliant one at that.

An all for one mosaic is £60 from richer sounds and does the job albeit not as stylishly as a pronto. It is much easier to set up.

The Mosaic is a terrible remote, a step sideways from the Epilot.

Your best bet is to look for a SH 1mb Pronto without a docking station, this will come in around your pricepoint.

what does the docking station do?

and is the any other sites that sell SH prontos?

it recharges it so you can use the battery pack

ad

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom