1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheaper Plasma Offers

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by scrowe, Aug 13, 2005.

1. scrowe

scrowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Anyone have any advice on 37" or 42" plasmas around the £1,000-£1,200 mark? My sister is redecorating and is convinced she needs a flat panel larger TV, and aesthetics seem more important than PQ. The plasma must have a table-stand, built in sound and connectors, ie. 2x scart (Sky and DVD and ideally component for when she gets a DVD-recorder (better DVD).

She really liked the 37PF9946 or 42PF9946 from Philips, but they are hard to find with stand (wall mount only), and I believe they are a couple of generations behind.

Makro had a stunning offer on the Toshiba 42" planel at £1175 but surprisingly had sold out before the offer turned up in the mail.

I'm trying to tell her to wait a few months and save another £500 to make a better choice, with possible HD compatibility, but she needs one next week.

Any ideas?

2. scrowe

scrowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Scratch that, her and hubby went shopping in Comet today and decided they liked the LG RZ42PX11

I found it online for them including a free progressive DVD-Player and surround-sound kit for £1179 including delivery

http://www.247electrical.co.uk/epag...e27480a020f0105cb/Product/View/LGRZ42PX11PKG3

I don't think that's the worst deal in the world for entry-level big screen home ci nema for an average family. The plasma itself even gets decent 80% reviews on the Home Cinema Choice website.