1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheaper DVD Players

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mattdyson7981, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Mattdyson7981

Mattdyson7981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi can anyone help me i am looking to buy a cheaper Dvd player i was looking at the Mustek V562 does anyone know of any reviews is it any good. I was looking at the Yelo 800 DVD and the Kiiro 838D but they are both out of stock. Does anyone know where they are in stock for around £100.

Many thanks :confused:

2. Delorian

Delorian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You would be much better of paying the few quid more for a well known name like the Tosh 220. If you don't mind getting it region 2 (you should mind, but IF you don't) you'll be able to pick it up quite cheap.

However, if you are fixed on staying below £100 I hear the Yelo is well up to the task. I seem to remember the Yelo and Kiiro being made by the same ppl, with the Yelo being older but better. I presume you saw these players at amazon.co.uk, but if not, check it out, they all have user reviews. I have never heard of the Mustek.

Bear in mind, alot of the unknown brands take DVD ROM type drives and build players around them, not that that's a bad thing. Also, try and find out how good their service is. There could be a difference there.

Finally, type each brand name into the search engine down the bottom of these forums and find out what ppl here have already said about them. Them try totalDVD.net, and lastly try google.

Good luck...