1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheaper & bigger, but enough of either?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by STOWITBELOW, Jun 5, 2004.

1. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Well, as predicted 'plasma' prices are falling, & Lcds are getting bigger. The former seem to be reaching the pain/pleasure/cost/value thresholds for me, & my 50" Sony projector Tv is looking weary by comparison.(wife also says it's too intrusive) I fancy a replacement & for about £2K there is a fair selection of up to 42" plasmas.
    My choices broadly as follows
    32" CRT cheapest & no qualms about pq - but SMALL screen & huge sets v bulky (lots of lovely Sonys - my favorites)
    Sony KE32TS2 32" Plasma Television or Hitachi C32PD5200 32" Plasma good looking but SMALL screen.
    SONY KE42TS1 from what I can see, older model-not particularly well reviewed, but at sub £2K it is a Sony.
    Selection of Techwood, Reilsys, etc cheap panels that few people here seem to like.
    Tiny LCD, or bigger budget.
    I was in the 'local' Sony center & their plasmas, LCDs & CRTs all looked tasty (but weren't the models above). The LCD particularly, & being an established technology is apealing (not on price though) I've waited thus far & from a couple of years ago £4k+ was the norm for most plasma screens, LCDs were 15", 'does the panel think' I'd be better waiting some more. Are the next round of Christmas/new year sales going to offer more shaved off the prices or more 'reputable' screens down to £2. I'm still wary that many plasma owners on here seem to suffer disatisfaction having spent lots & lots. My ass is sore from this fence - something's got to give.

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You miss the obvious sub £2k choice..... the pansonic 42PWD6.... i can think of no reason why it doesnt answer your prayers. I have one and it is fantastic, im convinced it is capable of things that most people never give it the chance to do.

ad

3. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Thanks buns, I was hopeing for a deluge of similar responses recommending various screens to prevent me from sliding into a CRT solution to my dilema. Anyone else any thoughts?

4. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Ditto :)

From what I have seen, the better the source, the better this screen looks, it just keeps on impressing me...

JJ