1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheaper alternative to a Xantech IR repeater!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by JetJockey, Oct 30, 2004.

1. JetJockey

JetJockey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, just a quickie.

You will remember the discussion regarding the Xantech IR repeater system which can be used to aid the pretty appalling remote response of some of the Arcam Kit.

Just found and installed a less elegant solution which can be purchased at Maplin for £24.95!!

They sell a £9.95 Infra red reciever for your sky box which is powered from and sends remote signals down the aerial co-ax to, your Sky box. Another little unit is available which is powered the same way and outputs the IR signal down a 1mtr cable to 2 IR senders (for any other units)!!!

The whole shebang is called an SLX Link system I think. It's not rocket science, but for £24.95 you can't go wrong. It works like a charm. Just fitted my Arcam DV79 into a vented cupboard no problems. If you don't have a sky box, you can power the whole thing from a 12volt adapter for a few quid more.

Hope this helps.

Gerald. :thumbsup:

2. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    This is exactly what I am looking for Gerald, but I can't find the exacts parts you mention on the Maplin website.

I can find the eye unit at £20 PT73Q

and what I think is a base unit with three IR transmitter, (not a very good description on the site!) again for £20 L62AT

Can you post the code for the £25 system you mentioned? Perhaps it will be on the receipt?

Many Thanks,
    Duncan. (Stuck in bed for days, ill - wanting to control my Freeview box from upstairs in bed!)

3. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17