Cheapelectricals.co.uk

HCK

Established Member
Reaction score
I've never used them they might be ok, but you can't phone them if anything goes wrong, or i get the impression they don't want you to from what they have on their "contact" page.

Enquired re JVC LT37DS6 to cheapelectricals by e-mail yesterday and they replied same day.
Offering delivery on this model of 4 weeks but money not taken until point of delivery.
I fear being disappointed when my set fails to appear - I think they may be flying a kite or just pricetrend following in the hope that competition and demand will force market price down to that level by the time 4 weeks is upon them!
Maybe I'm wrong but I've tried cheapest options before and got burned on most occasions!

Website is offering JVC LT37DS6 (with Pedestal stand) @ £1338 delivered which is £200 lower than anything else I've seen - and I've searched aplenty!

I recently contacted them regarding a Philips 42PF9830 which had the lowest price on the web, asked them if it was a UK model and if they had stock. They did email back pretty quickly and said they didn't have stock at the moment but they didn't answer the question about it being a UK model. I emailed again, they took longer to answer this time but claimed that all their sales were of UK models. The person writing the email said I should place my order a.s.a.p. but didn't explain why.
I emailed again asking why, if they had no stock, I should order straight away. This time no answer at all. I checked their website a little later and the price of the TV had gone up by £200 even though they couldn't supply one.
I'd give them a miss. Thet don't want to speak to you in person, they are selective in answering emails and their pricing policy is unusual to say the least.

I ordered a sharp 37" P50 from them a couple of weeks ago. Very good service, turned up 3 day early. The sharp was £240 cheaper than anywhere else, when the screen came into stock the website was showing a higher price, but no problem they honoured the original price.

Purdiscroft said:
Website is offering JVC LT37DS6 (with Pedestal stand) @ £1338 delivered which is £200 lower than anything else I've seen - and I've searched aplenty!

Thats a serious bargain... v.tempted to risk it at that price....did a bit of hunting about the company and it seems that the Cheap Electricals site is a trading name for "The Electric Incentive Company" - some of the blurb from that site:

"cheapelectricals.co.uk - Recommended by Which consumer web site and IMRG safe shopping compliant. And winner of the Golden Web Award winner 2001 - 2002"

Anyway, think I will ping them a couple of e-mails and see how they react :eek:)

From what I can find out the parent company sells incentive products to companies (i.e. a company may want to run a salesperson points scheme that is redeemed against products in EIC's range). The consumer site cheapelectricals seems to be a way of them trying to meet turnover targets to get discount (Unbeatable.co.uk anyone?!?).

The web site seems to be a bit of a hit and miss affair, listing products that are not available yet, and products that will never be available as they were announced to the trade and never actually produced.

The web site states:
The business is run from the former Cramphorne Garden Nursery family home on a two acre site near Stansted
So no shop front to speak of of real physical presence.

Hope this helps.

Northerner76 said:
Thats a serious bargain... v.tempted to risk it at that price....did a bit
Anyway, think I will ping them a couple of e-mails and see how they react :eek:)
Hmm. see my other post concerning my experience with this company (in the 37 inch LCD thread)... they are v.dogy in my opinion... I wont be touching them with a barge pole.
Cheers

I placed an order for the JVC from cheapelectricals, they sent an email 2 days later saying that the item had been delisted and would update me with more info. I sent a reply to them, with a link to the TV on the JVC website, saying the item is still available and has not been delisted.

Another email flew back sating that they could not order the TV from JVC and would keep me up to date. I have told them to cancel my order and delete any personal and Credit card information they have from me.

I hope this is not a stunt for them to collect peoples information so they can sell them on!!!

HCK said:
I hope this is not a stunt for them to collect peoples information so they can sell them on!!!

Don't think its a stunt, they are a fully UK registered company not some phantom phishing site - I simply think they post unrealistic prices to tempt in punters and then sometimes fail to deliver at that price.
My experience of them on the JVC 37 DS6 was nothing more than I expected really - they would not be the first site to accept orders at one price, keep you waiting and then raise the price just before shipment - when they know you won't want to miss out!
Shame really.

A guy at work got a Sony KDLV40A12 from them & had it sent direct to his overseas shippers where it went on to Africa, no probs, first order & very happy.

Decided to resurrect this thread as...

Absolutely gutted to have missed out on the Sony Centre deal for the KDL40V4000 with Blu Ray & 5 year warranty. (popped in there today and they offered the same deal for £1000!). If anyone knows of any similar top drawer deals please let me know - ideally it's the set & the 5 year warranty that I like, but any other bonus items are always, well...a bonus.

Anyway - cheapelectricals.co.uk offering this set with 5 year guarantee for £665 but wondered if anyone has had any better/worse experience of them lately - last post was back in 2005.

Cheers
Rider

I have just placed an order with this website for the Sony KDL-40W4500!! I will let you know how it goes.

I actually live near to where they're based so drove past their premises the other day which does exist if that makes any difference also they seem to have been trading for a while and still going which also seems quite promising!

Last edited:
I have just placed an order with this website for the Sony KDL-40W4500!! I will let you know how it goes.

I actually live near to where they're based so drove past their premises the other day which does exist if that makes any difference also they seem to have been trading for a while and still going which also seems quite promising!
Really interested in this set at the price offered.

Have you had yours delivered yet and is it as good as the threads suggest it is ? If not what delivery forecast did they give you from the date you ordered it ?

Hi,

Yep, I received my TV from cheap electricals.co.uk on Wednesday!! At the moment I can't tell you how good it is as I'm still decorating the room it is going in, I am really gutted. ....the box looks nice though! :)

I had no problems with cheap electricals, they delivered with in the 14 days as they said they would, and all packaging in good condition, even got a bonus of a free DVD.

My only one problem was that I wasn't in when they delivered it so they actually left it with my neighbour, but fortunately we get on alright with them but for such an expensive item wasn't too chuffed with that!!

You probably have already seen it, but if you are interested in this TV have a read of : http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807191

Last edited:
Thinking of buying a Sony KDL40W4000 from Cheapelectricals.co.uk at £705 with 5 year D&G parts and labour warranty. Seems a good deal. Interested in anybodies experiences with them or D&G for the extended warranty

I haven't had any contact with Cheap Electricals since I purchased my TV but that's only because I can't afford to buy anything more at the moment!! But I certainly would go back to them and I would, and in fact have, recommended them.

First off, congrats to the site owners and moderators of this site, it's a great site and hello, I'm new...

This is my first post here but I feel strongly enough about a cpl of threads here that I feel the need to reply and get posting :)

One of the things I wanted to post about was my experience of Cheap Electricals, after typing their name into Google this thread appeared under other results for reviews of their site.

In particular I wanted to see if they were a reputable seller, this is my conversation with them regarding the cheap price on a Sony Bravia that had recently expired at Amazon, I don't know if it reflects much other than their tone of dialogue but I thought it might help some people make up their mind weather to shop with them or reinforce opinions of others already posted here and offer further clarity to others considering purchasing from this shop.

I think that my conversation with the customer support was fair and down to earth but also a little unprofessional and it didn't give me enough piece of mind to warrant ordering with them, anyway the conversation is pasted below and is as follows with typos...

cheapelectricalsconvo.jpg

damon:
The Sony KDL-37W5500 was available at Amazon yesterday for £564.95 but has since gone up. You have it listed on your site for £564.98. Can you still honour this price point?
Welcome damon! Your request has been directed to the Customer Service department. Please wait for our operator to answer your call.
Call accepted by operator Sales. Currently in room: damon, Sales.
Sales:
if your quick!
damon:
If there is a problem that on receipt of the item, I reive another model can I return the item
Sales:
NOt sure what that mneans sorry?
damon:
just if i recieve the wrong item, that i can return it
Sales:
why would your receive the wrong item?
damon:
it's a possibility
Sales:
its possible we would chharge the wrong price, but at the end of the day you place and enter a contract to recevei the model you have on your order and if it is wrong it is responsibility to rectify it at our cost so not sure what this eactly means and why you would ask?
damon:
I am considering ordering with you but you don't have the internet presence of larger stores and therefore the consumer confidence
Sales:
Personally i would order from a larger store then or check our some review sites but as we speak the price is going up so as i mentioned i would move fast
damon:
ok tahnks for your time

Also I thought I should probably point out that after having this conversation with Cheap Electricals, their price point shot up to £629.00 so they were right about one thing, the price probably will have been different, If I had ordered and it was most certainly 'going up as we speak' it is almost as if I drew their attention to the fact that they could no longer supply it at that price.

Also I thought I should probably point out that after having this conversation with Cheap Electricals, their price point shot up to £629.00 so they were right about one thing, the price probably will have been different, If I had ordered and it was most certainly 'going up as we speak' it is almost as if I drew their attention to the fact that they could no longer supply it at that price.

So you asked them if they could sell you the tv at a certain price, they said yes if you order straight away, you didn't, the price went up.

What's your point? :confused:

The point is they said the price may vary and put the price up straight away, as in literally seconds. I don't feel comfortable ordering something at one price and then find out it's another.

Also, my point was to highlight the sales service for anyone considering purchasing, I am not for or against them merely highlighting my experience, which btw I said thought seemed fair enough.

The point is they said the price may vary and put the price up straight away, as in literally seconds. I don't feel comfortable ordering something at one price and then find out it's another.

No they didn't! They said the price was £564.98 if you ordered straight away. If you had placed an order you presumably would have got it for £564.98.

Also, my point was to highlight the sales service for anyone considering purchasing, I am not for or against them merely highlighting my experience, which btw I said thought seemed fair enough.

The customer service seems just fine to me. I'm not surprised they didn't understand you!

If there is a problem that on receipt of the item, I reive another model can I return the item

Maybe you should try writing in English! :)

lol... yes that might have helped!

its possible we would chharge the wrong price, but at the end of the day you place and enter a contract to recevei the model you have on your order and if it is wrong it is responsibility to rectify it at our cost so not sure what this eactly means and why you would ask?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom