Wanted Cheap XBMC device like PI or a boxee box

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Ciaran, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Ciaran

Ciaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi looking for a ready to go XBMC device such as a raspberry pi or something cheapish.

Possibly interested in a boxee box instead. Let me know what you have!

Price and currency: £

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. kaderhashmi

kaderhashmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a boxee box for sale. Still have original box and accessories. Condition of the unit is excellent but pics are available on request. Looking for £50 plus delivery. Any good?

3. kalimon

kalimon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    I've got a raspberry pi, including case and SD card you can have for £35 delivered.

4. Ciaran

Ciaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    @kaderhashmi which boxee do you have? The d link square one or the rectangular Iomega one? Based on previous forum sales, that's a little more than I am prepared to pay- but I am definitely interested in it.

@kalimon which raspberry pi do you have? Does that include the power lead and do I need to purchase any additional parts bar a remote to get xbmc on it?

5. kalimon

kalimon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    It's the model B. All you need is a power lead as I was using my son's Blackberry charger.
    It's been used for about 5 mins max. I will include a Transcend 8GB class 10 card.

6. kaderhashmi

kaderhashmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    @Ciaran, its the d link one. The one that looks like a cube at an angle. If you're still interested, I would be able to stretch down to £45 plus delivery. If this is too much, I would probably recommend the raspberry pi that kalimon is offering personally. If he's already put a case on it and the SD card then that's a very good offer too.

7. Ciaran

Ciaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    @kalimon Will have a think about it, but I can get a complete kit with XBMC and a infrared module, remote, power cable etc for about £50.

@kaderhashmi Could you please let me know how much it would be to post? If it is not too much I might take it. I am correct in saying that I can plug a external hard drive into the rear to play MKV etc?

8. kaderhashmi

kaderhashmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I can't imagine standard delivery to be much more than £7-£8 but please don't consider that the offer. Could be more or less. Also I've tried having a brief look for the box and couldn't find it. If I can't find it when I look tonight properly would it be a deal breaker for you?

EDIT: Apologies, to answer your question - yes it does accept an external hard drive and plays mkvs. That's what I've been using it for myself too. I've played mp4s, mkvs, ts files and even I've tried it with dvd isos. Never tried with a bluray iso so cant comment but so far its played everything I've ever tried it with.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  9. kalimon

kalimon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131

10. Ciaran

Ciaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    @kaderhashmi - Ideally I would like the box but wouldn’t be a deal breaker, do you have a myhermes nearby? Might be a little cheaper to post it via them.

11. kaderhashmi

kaderhashmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Never heard of them but just googled them and there seem to be loads near me :thumbsup: Ok so I'll have a look for the original box and if I cant find one then I will pay for a new one (or see if I can find a box to something else that it can be securely packaged in). I will check delivery from myhermes - please could you PM me your mobile number so I can contact you when I'm there and can confirm delivery cost. Are you happy to proceed with the £45 plus delivery offer? If so, please could you also PM me your address?

12. Ciaran

Ciaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    £50 delivered is probably my max, I managed to send about a kilo to Ireland for £4 with myhermes.

If you're happy with that, we can proceed. Shall send you a pm now.

Cheers