cheap WiFi dongle for Panasonic TX-P##GT30

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by someuk guy, Jan 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. someuk guy

someuk guy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just got a panasonic TX-P42GT30 and i am looking for a compatible wi-fi dongle, but i just want to ask if anyone has had any sucess with a non-official dongle?

i have good reason to believe that panasonic would use linux for the software in their smart tvs
    would i therefore be correct if the tv would work with any kernel supported device or have panasonic intentionality disabled/not used linux?

(i would like to avoid the daylight robbery of their proprietary usb dongle if possible)

2. Curly99

Curly99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,253
    check out the Netgear dongle WNDA3100v2 N600 or maybe one of the others when I checked the Netgear site there was a list of Panasonic TVs the dongles would work with though they are not really cheap they are cheaper than the Panasonic ones.

Curly

3. someuk guy

someuk guy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the list seems to only list 2010 panasonic TVs,
    has anyone at least tested them on 2011 panasonic tvs?

4. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Alternatively look at getting homeplugs, Amazon sell TP-Link 200mpbs model for £35. In order of preference for speed of connection, reliability and cost the options to connect a smart tv to the internet are;

1, Hardward ethernet cable, few quid gets you a 5m cable
    2, Homeplug 200mpbs or faster, starting price £35. Fast, no wifi interference or signal problems
    3, Wifi, usually propriety wifi adapter required from the manufacture and they tend to be expensive.