1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap widescreen TV's - Grundig, Daewoo, Samsung

Discussion in 'TVs' started by RMCF, Mar 6, 2003.

1. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +632
    Will be buying a cheap 28" widescreen in the next week or so as a second set and was wondering if anyone has any experience of either the Grundig W70/2020 or Sanyo W5N or Samsung (unsure of model number). These are priced at £279.99, £299.99 and £299.99 respectively. Any advice would be appreciated, even if its to mention your experience of reliability of these brands.

Also, was considering a 32" Daewoo instead for £399.99. Its model number is DSC3210 I believe. Up until I seen it in the shop I had never seen a Daewoo TV before. Any opinions on this. Its a great price for a 32".

2. tom-m

tom-m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know anything about those models but you could add the LG found here http://www.hienergyshop.co.uk/sse/index.html (product range/entertainment)

The 28" is £269 and the 32" is £399 (and free delivery!!) heard they where decent elsewere.:)

3. Stuart Brooks

Stuart Brooks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For a second TV just make sure you're happy with its performance! Its reliability would be tested less than if it was a main set.

My local pub has a 24" WS samsung and I thought it looked a bit pale and blurry compared to my real Grundig, though the Grundig you mention is actually another brand, relabelled by Dixons & Currys. May still be fine though; you can download its manual from the Dixons group website to check its features.

Stuart

4. afleming

afleming
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mu girlfriends parents bought a 28" goodmans. It went wrong after 13 months and had to be repaired which cost 100 quid. O(ut of all i would say the samsung would be the best choice as it is an oriental option. (do not know about daewoo though)

5. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Get it from Asda, you get a free 3 year warranty!!!