cheap wall bracket for krp 500a.

dts197

Distinguished Member
Hi im after a cheap wall bracket for my pioneer krp 500a anyone know a good place to get one?

Thanks

Simon

I'm no expert on wall brackets but if I'd have spent the kind of money it takes to buy a 500A, I wouldn't want to skimp on the fixings for it. Just my opinion, maybe more expensive ones are no better?

eddie9999

Standard Member
Hi im after a cheap wall bracket for my pioneer krp 500a anyone know a good place to get one?

Thanks

Simon

I'm using a PT105M from RS100 on my 500A. I wanted something wider than the pioneer mount as it's on a stud wall (reinforced with 12mm ply) and I wanted to mount it on 2 studs, but still get the screen where I wanted it on the wall. I also wanted a low profile mount as there's no need for cable to wall clearance with the 500A.

Overall it seems good, but there were a couple of issues.

It has a locking bar which is the width of the bracket and slides in once the screen and vertical bars are hung on the bracket. This means you have to have 80cm space to the left of the left hand vertical bar when the display is on the wall. I had to slide the screen to the right temporarily to get the bar in. If you're putting the screen in an alcove you'd be better with a mount with locking screws instead of a bar.

The vertical bars have a choice of 3 hooks to hang on the bracket, to give a bit of height adjustment, but the bottom 2 foul the bolts holding the bracket on the wall. This was a problem for me as I had to slide the screen to get the locking bar in, so could only use the top hooks.

It was also a bit tricky getting the power and display port cables connected as the bracket is so low profile, but the low profile looks good when the screen's up and connected.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom