1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap TV-out for old PC?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by andy572, Jun 14, 2003.

1. andy572

Standard Member

Dec 4, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Oop North
    I'm wanting to view avi and mov files and perhaps, play emulated games on my TV.

For the time being, I am using a P2-350 with a Voodoo Banshee in the AGP port. The motherboard is a Biostar M6TBA, incidentally - version 1.2, I think.

I think this board has a 'dodgy' implementation of AGP (though that may just be the Banshee), providing 3.3V to the slot. Am I correct in thinking that modern day cards run at 1.5V; but that ATI may work with this 'board or am I stuck with older cards?

Money is tight and I don't want to spend a lot of money, when my needs are modest and on what is an old system. I have searched around the shops and considered PCI; but, in financial terms at least, eBay may have given me the best answer in the Voodoo 3000 and 3500 cards.

I've read conflicting reports on everything, hence the obvious uncertainty. The wonders of the Internet, eh? :laugh: There's an auction or two ending tonight and I figure this was possibly the best place to ask about this sort of thing (as it has been so far). So, any views on or experience with these cards? Any suggestions or advice (beyond 'Don't bother'! :D )?

Thank you :)