Cheap top quality 4mm banana plugs

• Thread starter Deleted member 30535
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30535

**** Although I started this thread in Jan 2008, CPC have special promotions from time to time. so keep your eye open if they are not currently on offer *****

Top quality banana plugs on special offer at CPC. Only a couple of days to go I believe.

EDIT: 8 April 2012

[-]Original bananas are now over a £1 but the same maker has some new ones with screw connections which is really neat.[/-]

Pricing back down at an attractive 48p each + delivery if you buy 10 or more.

PRO SIGNAL|PSG03481|BANANA PLUG, 4MM, BLACK, GOLD | CPC
screenshotwdn.png

PRO SIGNAL|PSG03480|BANANA PLUG, 4MM, RED, GOLD | CPC
screenshot2012040801275.png

Buy 10 or more and it's more or less 50p each plus posting which may be expensive depending if you get other stuff.

I like these because you can either enter the cable on the top or the side. Side entry allows them to be stacked if messing about with bi-amping/wiring at the amp end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mr Incredible. You really are a hero! I've ordered 5 of each.

Cheers :smashin:

Lot better than the plastic things I got

tris

I bought these after Mr.I posting the link above, brilliant VFM. Really good plugs IMHO.

Just got 20 of these, thanks for sharing the information.

Thanks a lot, i was wondering where to get some quality ones. Should do nicely (20 of each)

Got mine today.

This is going to be a real silly question, but what is the best way to terminate these?
Is it just feed the wire in the back and try and poke it out the side a bit and screw down? The fact the thread goes all the way down means you can't terminate them like it is shown here:
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/Speaker_cable_termination.pdf

It seems to me they could work loose quite easily.

Getting the onkyo 605 and the jamo 102's in a few days... how many of these will i be able to use (just 5.1 for the mo)...ps i know i dont need them really... but while they are this price

Got mine today.

This is going to be a real silly question, but what is the best way to terminate these?
Is it just feed the wire in the back and try and poke it out the side a bit and screw down? The fact the thread goes all the way down means you can't terminate them like it is shown here:
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/Speaker_cable_termination.pdf

It seems to me they could work loose quite easily.

For a top entry (missionary) as opposed to a side entry (spoons) just push enough cable through the center spindle and pull enough through one side entry hole to be able to double up on itself and pushed back through the other side of the side entry, if you see what I mean. Then tighten the knurled end up. If you really want to get thorough then people have been known to solder the wire into the banana plug. But for me I'm happy with the hand tightened nut.

Talk about fast delivery, they arrived this morning!

z

Searching for the part number won't work. Click the links I gave. They still work; I just tried.

EDIT:

Well. although the links work, you get an error on buying one. Sorry, looks like the deal is finished. For now! These have been offered on a special before, so I'll keep my eyes open!

Searching for the part number won't work. Click the links I gave. They still work; I just tried.

EDIT:

Well. although the links work, you get an error on buying one. Sorry, looks like the deal is finished. For now! These have been offered on a special before, so I'll keep my eyes open!

damn, I just tried also. Never mind hopefully they will be available again.

Mr Incredible can you let me know also when they arrive on a good special deal again. Thanks

You should get an email notification if I post here again. Assuming you have email notification turned on in your user profile.

Just posting my interest in these so I get an email update if the offer comes up again...:)

I put these in my basket few weeks back and couldn't decide if I wanted them. Since putting the price up, I decided I wanted them and went back to my basket and they were still there for the old price. I managed to checkout and got them delivered couple of days ago. Excellent bargain! :smashin:

PSG01681 — PRO SIGNAL — 4MM PLUGS, GOLD, BLACK .

[*] Colour:Black
[*] Plating:GOLD
[*] Size:4mm[/LIST] Availability

Availability: In Stock

Price For: 1
Minimum Order Quantity: 1
Order Multiple: 1
Unit Price: €1.36 (€1.65)
Qty

we get screwed over here:mad:

The UK price is now about the same I think. (£1.12 inc VAT)

BTW, you mustn't link to images directly on another web site without their permission: it is seen as bandwidth theft. My images were captured and uploaded to Flickr.

these seem to be back in at 50.5p each - although i get a £7 handling charge (inc VAT) seems a bit excessive?

:EDIT: the handling charge is P&P - I thought I was going to get charged both lol I've just ordered 20 :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom