Cheap Theatretek

rhinoman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Posted here instead of the special offers as I think more relevent people might see it.

Theatretek software $69.99 and now downloadable so no import charges or shipping, mention "avsspecial" in the redeamable coupon section of the order form and get $10 discount so $59.99......rude not to really!;)

Discount is for a short time only so get in quick!

Thanks a lot, I was thinking of getting theatertek but was put off by the hassle. I have just bought my copy!

Chris

Yeah, I'd been debating it for a while but couldn't be bothered with all the "faf" of shipping, took about 5 mins to download on adsl up and running about 10 minutes later. Definatly a little better than PowerDVD4xp that I was usuing before.:)

I bought it via the post.
1.5 is now out acording to their email. Will they send it to me on a disk or do I have to download it????

I got an email saying that if I had purchased via the mail before their announcement than the upgrade is free.
But it wasn't clear about the downloading or Mailing route?

Download it, you wont have to wait any longer then!! Once you've got it you can mail Chivs or post on the TT site for the key. I assume it's still the same re 7 days grace before it locks you out without the key, that should be plenty of time.

Have fun!!

Steve

Nice one! Is it the new version that is downloading?

Yep, Version 1.5

I assume it's still the same re 7 days grace before it locks you out without the key,

Yeah but they are very qick by email with the key, I did mine Sunday night at 7.00 O clock and the key was there the following morning.

i have just upgraded my tt player to 1.5 and it is to say the stunning miles better that the 1.2 version and now uses the ati 2.3 catalyst drivers with my radeon 9000 card well worth the £9.00 to upgrade.

cheers

richard

Richard
im afraid thats for u to decide, i tried powerdvd 4 and didnt like it.

cheers

richard

....but is is worth the purchase over my current PowerDVD 4?

I think so, that was the route I've just gone and I think it adds deeper black levels (even though I've calibrated the same with Avia) and a smoother picture overall. I'm using XPpro with a Radeon 9000 and catalyst drivers if it makes a difference.

I also prefer the navigation over Power DVD and just the general feal of the product.

....well there's an interesting one - what if it were a choice between
a) Theatertek
and
b) sticking with PowerDVD but buying Avia to calibrate properly

....I guess I'll just have to do both.... :(

....I guess I'll just have to do both....

Both would be best but otherwise I'd probably get Avia first.

It would also be interesting in how much of the improvement is down to the Catalyst drivers. When I moved to the H3D card I was originally running 6025 then I tried the Catalysts and noticed an improvement. This was on Component input from S/A DVD player. Not sure now whether to upgrade to 1.5 and keep tweaking or leave my HCPC as a dedicated Scaler, it works why break it!!

On the other hand......

Steve

Thanks John,

I've been using zoom with ATI 7.6 vid filter + pdvd aud filter. Last night I finally upgraded my radeon drivers to 2.3 catalyst & changed zoomplayer to 2.90rc2. Then it started stuttering/pausing and generally misbehaving badly.

Whilst picking up the remains of my keyboard I remembered this thread and duly went & bought TT.

Money well spent, works like a dream, picture seems better than ati 7.6, pronto & girder files already loaded and most importantly...my sanity restored :D

P.s For anyone else tempted, the $10 discount should still work upto this Saturday (9th Nov).

I'm thinking of upgrading my old PowerDVD software.... TheatreTek sound like a very good choice...

Is this offer still available? Do I buy it from their website? Can it still be downloaded?

Thanks,

Julia

Thanks, Ken. I've found this thread a bit late, but I hope to buy TT1.5 and download it a.s.a.p.
Julia:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom