cheap Switch dock or hmdi connector

Fe_man2000

Prominent Member
Reaction score
HI,

Can anyone recommend a 3rd party dock or usb C to HDMI adapter I can use to connect my Switch to another TV the offical Dock is not connected too. Dont care if its a dock or adpater.

If possible it would need to have a power supply as well and if not included can any one recommendation seperate powersupply for it.

Also if I choose to not bother with the charging side of things would any USB C to HDMI adapter work to get video to the TV ?

like this
Amazon product ASIN B07JW7GT7H

Cheers

Last edited:
OK I am guessing this is not something people do. will have to find an offical one, seems nintendo dont have them in stock, best I can find is £112 on amazon.

OK I am guessing this is not something people do. will have to find an offical one, seems nintendo dont have them in stock, best I can find is £112 on amazon.
With 3rd party docks there’s a danger of it bricking a Switch, so people tend to be reluctant to recommend in case that recommendation bricks someone’s Switch.

Your best bet would be to keep an eye on the forum classifieds. They pop up fairly often where someone has bought a Switch purely for offline play only, so don’t need the dock so want to recoup a bit of money from it. Also those who have 2 Switches in the home but only need 1 dock etc.
Prices vary, but definitely cheaper than £112.

This one works well. Would suggest using official Switch AC adapter with it, though, which puts the total price up somewhat.

Switch TV Dock, Ponkor Portable Charging Stand for Nintendo Switch,Compact Switch to HDMI Adapter,Mini Switch Docking Station with Extra USB 3.0 Port, Replacement Charging Dock for Nintendo Switch Amazon product ASIN B07XS98LFB

This one works well. Would suggest using official Switch AC adapter with it, though, which puts the total price up somewhat.

Switch TV Dock, Ponkor Portable Charging Stand for Nintendo Switch,Compact Switch to HDMI Adapter,Mini Switch Docking Station with Extra USB 3.0 Port, Replacement Charging Dock for Nintendo Switch Amazon product ASIN B07XS98LFB
Do you have this one?

Thanks for the replies I saw the stuff that happened a while ago with a firmware update making one brand of dock able to brick a switch, but I may get one of those from amazon.

Just to be clear, it isn't one brand of dock that has done/could do this. Fundamentally any non-official dock has the potential to brick the switch given the way Nintendo has chosen to implement power consumption. All that needs to happen is Nintendo do a firmware update that reacts badly with 3rd party docks and you're done.

Just to be clear, it isn't one brand of dock that has done/could do this. Fundamentally any non-official dock has the potential to brick the switch given the way Nintendo has chosen to implement power consumption. All that needs to happen is Nintendo do a firmware update that reacts badly with 3rd party docks and you're done.

This is true although the linked one features two power modes (video/charging) as per Nintendo specs so I feel pretty safe it won't happen. I doubt altering that behaviour is something Nintendo would do in an update.

This is true although the linked one features two power modes (video/charging) as per Nintendo specs so I feel pretty safe it won't happen. I doubt altering that behaviour is something Nintendo would do in an update.
Well they did, that's what caused the last round of bricking, but everyone can make their own choices. I just personally don't see the benefit over the risk.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom