1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap Sub - whats the best upto £200

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by eas4uk, Oct 20, 2003.

1. eas4uk

eas4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Found the forums yesterday and must say have solved a load of niggles with my set up already! Well impressed!

I currently have Sony STDBR930 amp and Tannoy mercury kit (M3's M1's and MC) all hooked up with QED Qudos silver -

Am now looking at going for the .1 and need some recommendations - Obviously the matching sub is top of the list to keep the set up sweet - however I am well aware that the speakers are now a little dated and there are probably a lot better subs around - My price limit is £200 and definitely no more which does pose a problem considering the price of a decent sub -
    The cheapest I can find the Tannoy is £150 which I think maybe a little high considering the age of it now - Unfortunately I dont think Richer Sounds are selling the Paradigms anymore which were next on the list.

Can anybody help???

All comments would be greatly appreciated

eas4uk

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The obvious step is to have a look at buying second hand as good subs often come up in the hardware classified forum. Unfortunately there is very little to recommend if buying new

3. darth_sidious

darth_sidious
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the new richer sounds catalog in front of me and the cheapest paradigm is £269.95 for the PS1200, there are a few others for around £120 like eltax atomic 8.2, maudaunt short MS308 etc. but they do have an open box sale coming up so you may well want to check what your local store has in there sale, or any store you can get to....

4. AndrewJ

AndrewJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I may have the answer you need - just replaced my tannoy Msub10 - so its up for sale if you are interested - 2 years old, immaculate, box/cables/manual etc. Let me know if you are and we can talk cash ...

5. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    We have a Kef PSW 2000 sub for sale at Sevenoaks Edinburgh for £200 inc. P&P. Tel: 0131 2297267.

Chris.

6. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    You should be able to pick up a brand new Velodyne VX10 for around £220 (rrp is £250). Worth spending the extra £20 for one of these IMO.

Otherwise, keep an eye out for a second hand REL Q50.

Matt.

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    S/h is a good bet i too am in a simialr position but have a bit more to play with. MJ Pro 50 is a nice little sub i would stay clear of eltax and RS only stuff, I am seriously considering an MS309, the 308's bigger brother. Hope this helps but a S/H tannoy in good condition will probably suit your setup better.