Cheap Stereo Speakers? (Ariston, Eltax...)

phil_evans

Standard Member
Reaction score
I want to run the 'B' speakers from my Yamaha RX-V630RDS about 15 metres into my kitchen so we can hear the TV/ CD/ Radio whilst cooking - my wife gets annoyed when I leave the kitchen door open as the whole house smells of bacon (as if that is a problem!?).

I'm considering the likes of the Ariston £15 jobbies or pushing out the boat for Eltax IIIs @ £50ish - both from RicherSounds. I want the best performance/ price ratio, around the £50 mark from a compact speaker.

Any comments from Ariston/ Eltax owners or any other recommendations.

Maplins look like the business for cheap speaker cable.

Phil

Mission 700's are about £60 I think from richers and sound MUCH better than the cheap eltax's (which imo sound awful, very anemic)

Richer sounds also sell the KEF Cresta 1's for 39.99 via their What Hi-Fi offer....i havn't heard these yet but they have been reviewed well.

i might get these as a cheapy pair for a another room...if anyone has them any comments are welcome.

dont get the ariston £15 jobbies they are s**t

Thanks guys. I guess I'll avoid the Aristons and see what my local RS has in stock on Saturday. The Mission 700s are now only £50 (on the web at least) so they sound the best bet. There's also a 2nd hand hi-fi shop in Kingston, so I'll check that out too.

Will let you know what I get and how it sounds...

Phil

Well, I took my wife along to RS on Saturday which proved a mistake - she point blank refused to have anything the size of a Mission 700/ KEF Cresta 1 in the kitchen. So the sales guy showed us some Mordaunt-Short 302s and we bit the bait. I know they don't go much below 100Hz but they sound good already and they're not even run-in yet.

However, I do have a problem that I didn't even think about at the time (nor did the sales guy think to mention) - impedance matching. My main speakers are 8ohm and the MS's are only 4ohm. Have posted another thread looking for advice...

Phil

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom