1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap Speaker Package?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Muffminer, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Muffminer

Muffminer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

Im new to all this AV thing, and im started to get hooked :(. Problem is its too dam expensive! Already shelled out £1600 on a new Toshiba 46" DLP TV. Recently aquired a Sony STRDE497S Reciever i know its not he very best reciever out there but this system is just to start me off and maybe something in the future.

I know have the task of trying to find a nice speaker system, problem is i have a really tight budget after buying the new tele, also the room is very small its actually my bedroom. So im looking for a nice system, i really like the look of these "tall-boy" ones sony make an example http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5737459086&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT i need something thats not gonna take up alot of room and basically looks nice. Ive searched everywhere but they all seem to be out my price range. Budget is £150-200.

If you could either suggest a system or either give me advice id much appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

Warren

2. Stuart.Ainslie

Stuart.Ainslie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tannoy FX5.1.
    Bennetts Electrical have them discounted in store for £128 and Richer will price beat to £118.
    Were a hell of a lot more expensive a few months back.....