1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap speaker cable

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by dogastus, Mar 9, 2003.

1. dogastus

dogastus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    From Maplin: http://***********/73z6

Reduced from £2.29 to £0.99 per metre for 413 strand X .1mm OFC cable

Nigel.

2. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    An exceptionally high quality speaker connection wire. Each cable contains hundreds of extremely thin, single strands to improve electron flow at high frequencies. Each cable has a larger than normal overall diameter for absolute minimum impedance, thus ensuring good response at bass frequencies. The strands are made from 100% Oxygen Free Copper (OFC), a process which completely removes any trace of oxygen from the wire surface during manufacture and so preventing subsequent oxidation of same, will interfere with the efficiency of the surface electron flow. The extra-flexible, transparent, figure-8 sheathing has one side marked with ‘+’ symbols for polarity identification.

I like the fact that one side of the cable has a + on it, but............

Is it any good?

3. flat spot

flat spot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I bought some of this stuff. Bargain at 99p. Also v.useful is that it is cased in rubber so bends around corners easily unlike the qed stuff I have already.:smashin: