cheap replacement remote/options for Marantz SR5400 wanted. thanks.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by mikiesb, Sep 16, 2007.

1. mikiesb

mikiesb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Have been down to richer sounds today bought a kameleon 4in1, came home and it doesn't have codes/support for my marantz SR5400 amp.. :mad:

My marantz remote control is faulty, apart from buying the same remote again for the amp, are there any cheap/reasonably priced "3rd party" remotes that are easily programmed out there that will work the amp reasonably well?

Going from a cheap basic solution to another possible solution what is the oldest model philips pronto that is likely to work with my Marantz SR5400 amp?

Thanks in advance.

2. stoobie

stoobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Hi,

Can I ask what remote control model you have that is faulty? It is just that I have a Marantz remote here that is broken (was about to ebay it) and I may be able to repair yours if that will help. Depending on what is the problem with yours of course!

Stoobie

3. mikiesb

mikiesb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. stoobie

stoobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Hi,

I'm sorry, but you're out of luck with me repairing your remote. I knew some of the hi-end Marantz AV recievers were supplied with the touchscreen remotes and I have a busted one I thought we could cannabilise for yours.

Just a thought with your actual remote, if you have a video camera, take a look at the IR emitter through the camera when you press any of the buttons on the remote. You should see the emitter flash. If it does it would tend to suggest the remote is working!

Also, I don't suppose there is a switch on the remote or Reciever that can be switched from A to B remote control (like they have on video recorders so you can use the same remote to control 2 different recorders). Just a thought!

Other than that, I can't help I'm afraid.

Stoobie

5. mikiesb

mikiesb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

A friend is giving me their unwanted Philips Pronto RU950 as they owe me a favour or two.

I will try and get this to work, Marantz were adamant that in all cases it's always the remote, not the amp.

Fingers crossed it's not the amp and I can get the Pronto RU950 to work with the SR5400.

6. stoobie

stoobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    The RU950 should work it with no problem as Marantz use the same innards and call it the RC5400 (which coincidentally is the one I thought may have been supplied with your Amp)

Good luck!