Cheap PVR

happyhiker

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a TiVo and a PW6 Plasma in the living room, and an old VCR in the study upstairs. I love the TiVo but can't justify forking out for a second one upstairs. Saw a Bush ID in Homebase for £130 and realised PVRs were getting real cheap. Not quite the £30 for a DVD player but maybe its just a matter of time. Can anyone recommend a Cheap PVR. Ideally I want Freeview a DVD player and a PVR, £30 each would be great, but a DVD PVR combi with freeview for £90 would be as good. The cheapest PVR I've seen is the £130, anyone know better ?

I want Freeview, ability to view program whilst still recording same program(shouldn't need a twin tuner, but tv doesn't have freeview, so???) and an EPG, though 7 days is fine. From what I can see nothing matches the TiVo :eek: (controvesial statement I know, but only from people who don't have TiVo's :) ) but something that beats a VCR with an EPG is all I really want. Under £100 would be ideal, any ideas?

Nothing comes close to TiVo :) except HTPCs and MCE but they are pricier and noisier.

I picked up a refurb Digifusion 80GB FVRT150 for 80 quid with no batteries or leads.

It's OK for 80 quid, but TiVo is 500 times better IMHO, so in theory I should pay 40 grand for a Tivo:)

Its very very very poor in comparison to TiVo, not even in the same league or planet.

But you get good picture quality and I like the scene generation and of course it has twin tuners, handles freeview subtitles well and takes up less space and is CHEAP.

I read somewhere (ie in this forum) that the Bush was a refurbished DigiFusion, is it that same one? Is it worth getting ? Or should I wait a bit as the prices are coming down all the time I guess.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom