Cheap PVR

transwest

I have a Toppy in the lounge, so am maybe a bit spoilt.

I'm after a cheap PVR just for the bedroom. It needn't be the bee's bendy bits, but the more features for less money might be a factor in this case.

It'll probably only be used for an hour here & there.

Any recommendations please ?

all the best.

M

mrfreeview

I have a Toppy in the lounge, so am maybe a bit spoilt.

I'm after a cheap PVR just for the bedroom. It needn't be the bee's bendy bits, but the more features for less money might be a factor in this case.

It'll probably only be used for an hour here & there.

Any recommendations please ?

all the best.
Well as you are aware the Toppy "does the biz each and everytime" with the right software and patches and TAPS like MyStuff

So don't you think you might be disappointed to consider another PVR with their limited features and functionality. . . .and the fact that it might not even work properly i.e. Humax 9200 and 9300

topfield tf5800 - SupaPrice.co.uk

I hope my post has been of use :)

nvingo

mrfreeview's recent posts are more than a little Humax-bashing.
The valid point here is, why a "cheap PVR" when just a little extra would get the 5800 instead?

M

mrfreeview

mrfreeview's recent posts are more than a little Humax-bashing.
The valid point here is, why a "cheap PVR" when just a little extra would get the 5800 instead?
The Technisat Digitcorder T1 PVR which I own (which is a German Product) and so of course doesn't support series link or Accurate Bookmark and is now 6+ years old performs as a simple PVR. Select the program from the EPG and the machine will turn on and add the amount of pre and post padding that you have defined on a per system basis. . . . and it works everytime.

The Humax 9200 which I own and to which Humax now claim to support Freeview+ 0.23 s/w simply doesn't work properly. It comes on late for a program and so doesn't record the complete program. In previous versions of software it would come on to record and then not turn off. It would lock up and need power cycling. . . . In summary its performance both historical and current was and still is poor. The term Not fit for purpose comes to mind.

My Topfield TF5800t loaded with suitable software, patches and TAPs supports Accurate Bookmarking, series link and delivers results each and everytime.

Given the experiences of the 3 different manufacturers products. Which one would I suggest you shouldn't waste money on ? !

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom