1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap PSP Games

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by harrisuk, Mar 7, 2005.

1. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    DVDSoon PSP US Game preorders :

http://www.dvdsoon.com/games/game-s...dsoon.com/queries/title-lookup&order=distance

They have the majority of US launch titles available now. Picked up Fifa for £20.35 shipped (With members discount and 10% off voucher which is available)

Quite a few of the titles work out at £16.53 shipped with discount. The cheaper titles should thus avoid import duty :thumbsup:

Also UMD movies from £5 shipped (After discount)

http://www.dvdsoon.com/search-resul...s/title-lookup&order=distance&go.x=12&go.y=11

And cheap Accessories from around £3 shipped (After discount)

http://www.dvdsoon.com/search-resul...dsoon.com/queries/title-lookup&order=distance

Only two weeks till the US launch :clap: :clap: :clap:

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Lets hope DvdSoon do a better job with my PSP pre-orders than the 4/5 dvds I have had 'on order' for over 2 weeks now. :rolleyes:

3. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Well I have ordered loads of stuff over the last month and all thats outstanding really is my pre orders with the exception of a couple of titles.

We have had this conversation before. If you want stuff straight away you can always get from another importer for £39 + shipping + import duty :rolleyes:

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
  5. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    I heard you the first time. :smashin: :D

As for DvdSoon, it's the same dvds I'm waiting for since we last had the discussion. I wouldn't mind so much but they have charged my CC already. One aspect I think is a bit dodgy really. :thumbsdow

Still, they are far better with pre-orders. Perhaps it's just the dvds I've ordered being difficult to get hold off.

6. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Its a shame they are not comming through for you. I have been getting a steady stream of packages from them over the last couple of weeks. As always virtually everything was out of stock when I ordered (And I ordered quite a bit to take advantage of the 20% off for card members 20 Dvds at least) The latest one to come through is the Farrelly Brothers Collection which arrived this morning.

Most of its come through now or been shipped. Only really waiting for the pre orders, and they are normally pretty good with these (Presumably as they order enough stock for what they have presold)

Fingers crossed this will hold true for the PSP stuff. Its a shame that all the games are not at the $49 canadian price point as after discounts they are only £16 and so below the customs threshold. Important this as the ones at £20 will end up up being £28 - £29 if you get caught :( Big difference.

7. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    One of my dvds is to hand! :thumbsup: (that was 'in transit' for a week). As for import duty, I've been lucky over the last 2 years as I have yet to be caught on 50+ pakages. Still, the PSP itself is a cert. The UMD movies will get through no problem, the games have a good chance. RE4 was £30 and got through.

8. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The Umd movies definately will. I ordered them seperately and they are only £5 each ! I have only ordered Fifa so far waiting for GTA and some reviews to come out before ordering anything else.

What games are you after for it ?

9. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
  10. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    At the moment, just Lumines and Ridge Racer. Plus Spiderman 2 UMD movie just in case I don't get one with the pack. Will sell the 2nd copy if I do.

I wasn't all that bothered by Lumines til I watched the video review on Gamespot and thought it looked interesting. Like a variation on Tetris I suppose. Scored 9.0 overall. Had already ordered RR on VG+ before DvdSoon put it up. Have ordered one from DVS also. The plan is that as the VG+ copy is likely to arrive faster than the DVS copy, but is more expensive than the cheaper but slower DVS copy, I'll simply sell the DVS copy for £30 unopened and get the best of both worlds. i.e. pay DvdSoon prices, but get the advantage of VG+ quick del. Does that make sense?

Have made sure to order all my items seperately, and have them all boxed. Then (in theory) as I've paid for them to box the items seperately, they won't be able to ship them together, (as might otherwise happen).

11. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Know what you mean. If you put in the exact title for the accessories in Google most of them have images (Wal Mart online are selling them, for more money and not to the uk :mad: )

I ordered the leather case and docking station cheap as chips.

I noticed they now have a power station solution on the site. Amongst other things it has a car charger lead and a AAA powered battery pack !

http://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-details.xml?uid=218545

More details

http://www.madcatz.com/MadCatz/product_details.jsp?product_id=8552

I think I`m going to get this as well. Its only £6.15 delivered with discounts. I probably wont use the car kit (Although i might if I can get my Mrs to drive when we go to London :) to see friends)

The AAA battery pack will be brilliant with high capacity rechargables for extending the battery life beyond 4 - 5 hours for those long haul flights :)

12. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
  13. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    The AAA pack may not work too well with rechargables (lower voltage), and the brick looks a bit of a, well .. brick, but from what I've read it seems we will need something to extend the battery life.

I'd rather have a couple of spare standard batteries, but can't see them available anywhere. I expect the production capacity is fully committed to providing batteries for the units themselves. I wonder how long it will be before spares become available?

14. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I have seen high capacity packs for them already (Lik Sang I think) but they were out of stock. Remember you can get high capacity rechargables now with more capacity than standard batteries.

I agree the packs arent ideal but if you are sat on a flight watching a movie or playing games a small pack wont be a problem. Especially if it doubles the battery life.

In any event I found a site which has done loads of testing on the PSP battery life. They found that with heavy UMD disc use (Games / movies) battery life with headphones on max brightness is over 5 hours. That seems pretty good to me. Its double what you get from most laptops and portable DVD units.

15. dr_loss

dr_loss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can you give us the site link?

16. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    What for battery pack or the battery life tests ? Just had a look the high capacity packs not on The Lik Sang site anymore. See If I can find it elsewhere.

17. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Could you put up a link for that extra 10% discount for DvdSoon, (on top of my 12% Gold member discount). Cheers. :)

18. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Its a code not link. Theres actually three available that give an extra 10% off, check the dvd bargains forum its in a DVD Soon thread there with the codes in.

19. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    cheers. :)

20. stormjai

stormjai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Which games are people ordering? I,ve ordered PSP, but not sure which releases are "good". I know it will be personal taste, but any "outstanding" games on release schedule? Anybody own one or have recommendations?

Thanks

Jai

21. dvdchild

dvdchild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    I've just ordered Wipeout Pure (US) as already completed Ridge Racers on Jap when i first got machine in Jan. Got it from DVDSOON with Fidelity card & code for just over £17 inc shipping. Now all i have to do is wait :rolleyes:

22. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Fifa (Release title) - Ordered
    GTA (April if we are lucky)
    Coded Arms (Summer if we are lucky)

Only Fifa available on the soon site at the moment unfortunately :(

23. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The only thing that is starting to worry me about Soon is the console pre orders. Obviously as the cheapest place around they have pre sold a S%^ load of them. The PSP is currently 34th or something in their sales rank :eek: :eek: :eek:

If its based on numbers sold not total value (AS I believe) They must have sold thousands of them. Question is how much stock are they actually going to get :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When I preordered it It was only ranked 140th or something thats alot of people behind me, I just hope they do the preorders right (First come first served).

24. dr_loss

dr_loss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sony have confirmed 1 million units available for pre-order (compared to the 150,000 they had for the jap launch (i think- it was a long time ago now (i got two)))

hold fire on the launch title you might find a few drop out in the next week, just like they did before xmas

you can can count on the games that are already out in jap being available in english and the ones that sony have confirmed but the others *may* not be there - just a warning

(im waiting until weekend to order my games)

GTA april? most likely june/july - may at the earliest.

im into for launc :

fifa
    dynasty warriors
    wipeout - which is 99% cert for launch
    coded arms

25. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Coded Arms isnt finished yet is it ? Im definately having that but I cant see it being a US launch title dosnt seem to be available anywhere except Lik Sang...

I can tell you 1 million units aint going to go far in American. Will definately have pre sold all of those already.

26. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,307
    I have pre-order Wipeout Pure as it looks like great fun and as I only have Ridge Racers I could do with something else to play, might get Metal Gear Acid later but at the moment its just Wipeout for me.

27. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Does anyone know what shops are selling us games apart from dvdsoon?

28. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,307
    I have pre-ordered Wipeout Pure from www.videogamesplus.ca as it is just over £25 shipped which seems like a good price to me, according to their website the release date for Wipeout is tomorrow so hopefully it will be posted out this week so I recieve it sometime next week :thumbsup:

29. jasonjbj

jasonjbj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    good prices!

30. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,307
    VG+ do have good prices but it did take over a week to arrive so in the future I think I will use either Movietyme (has certain games instock inside the UK) or CDWow who only take 2/3 days to arrive.