Cheap Projector - What's the story?

mib150

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

First post, so go gently please ;)

The missus bought a projector (some make I've never heard of) for an entertainment room we are intending having in the near future, she bought it because the lamps are cheap.

The lamp it uses is a metal-halide, i've tried it temporarily it looks ok, but not in ideal conditions.

My questions are: Is this 'projector' worth bothering with or will I be hugely disapointed?
And: if so, what is a good entry level projector?

Many thanks
Marcus

What make & model number is it?

I suspect that the picture will be rather poor,I see it states hd ready but does not say what resolution it outputs,only that it supports hd.I would think it downscales to standard resolution.

I don't know what you paid but for £350 ish you could have bought a proper pj like a Optoma HD700x.

I have never seen one of these cheapo no name pj's in operation,they may well give off a half acceptable image for £200 who knows, let us have your impression when you get it.

If you've never had a projector before, then it may well be fun for a while. I used to borrow a projector from work 6-7 years ago that had a really poor contrast, but it was fun to watch DVDs on a large screen (well a piece of white faced hardboard from Wickes ;)). The more you watch, you'll either deceide to spend more on something better, or may be that you're happy with a big TV instead. :eek:

Infocus x9 £460 is amazing

Hi mib150

You could also add the Themescene HD65 to your projector list. Their are also a limited amount refurbished unit still arround at £379.

Regards. Shane

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom