Wanted Cheap projector. Max budget £100

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by SanPedro, Jul 16, 2017.

1. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    Probably an unusual request this. My daughter is an artist and needs a video projector in order to be able to project her sketches onto a canvas so she can trace the image.

I've looked at the cheapo lo-res projectors that can be found on Ebay/Amazon etc., but thought i'd try the classifieds here as well.

Price: max £100. I know this isn't a lot, but it doesn't have to be particularly up to date. Doesn't have to be HD or high lumens, or 16:9. An older business projector would probably be fine.

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. Mallardo

Mallardo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    Hi
    I have an Optoma DS211 which may suit. It is a SVGA portable business type model projector, 800x600 resolution. I used it for watching films before upgrading to HD so there is only about 400hrs on the lamp, which is rated for 5,000 so plenty of life in it. One thing to note is that only has VGA, composite and S-video connection, no HDMI input, so you would need to confirm what source is going to be connected to it. If it is a laptop via a VGA output then it would be fine. I have the remote, leads etc. One thing to mention is that there is a small scratch on the lens however this has zero effect on the projected image.

If you are interested I would be looking for £60 collected if possible (I am in Manchester), although I would consider posting. Pictures can be posted on request.

Cheers
    Pete

3. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    Thanks Pete, will bear it in mind.

4. ani4ani

ani4ani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    Hi there, I have an Optoma H30 gathering dust somewhere (not literally). If you can wait a week, I am up in Leeds on the 29th or 30th. I wouldn't want anything for it, just be good if someone could make use of it.

5. pat clancy

pat clancy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Hi if your ok to post this ill have it if the op doesn't. Ill cover post obviously.

6. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    Can't say better than free :). I was going to get my son to collect, but he's out of the UK on those dates. And I'm in Spain myself at the moment. Would you be ok to post here if I can arrange a carrier?

7. ani4ani

ani4ani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    Hi guys, I am not about either presently, so wouldn't be about for a courier etc. Rather not post if I can help it, I don't have the boxes and basically it in a projector bag and it be just easy, to put in the boot and drop off in Leeds when I am there next ( or my sister works in Leeds and you could potentially collect it from her)

8. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    Hi mate, totally understand. Whichever suits you best. My son is just southwest of the city center, Nr. Holbeck. He'll be back at the beginning of August, or he can collect from your sister's if that's easier.

9. pat clancy

pat clancy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Hi Pete ,your projector still for sale? I'D need it posted though. I'm been wanting to try a projector at home. Cheers Pat

10. Mallardo

Mallardo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    Hi Pat, yes it is still for sale. Delivery is possible. I have reposted the original thread For Sale - Optoma DS211 SVGA projector so you can move negotiations to there if you are interested so we don't hijack SanPedro's thread!

11. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    Hi Ani

Is this still available?

12. ani4ani

ani4ani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    Hi there...yea sorry; unfortunately we had a bereavement in the family so we have been a little distracted with arrangements etc of late.

Yes it is available - we just need a plan to get it to Leeds

13. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    Hi

Sorry to hear of your family situation. If it's possible that we can sort it out soon that would be great. My daughter is anxious to crack on with some project work using the projector, as she has deadlines looming. If you're able to get it to leeds in the next week or so that would be brilliant. If you can't, it's no problem, just let me know and we'll get one elsewhere.

I really appreciiate the offer and understand you've had more pressing matters to deal with.

14. ani4ani

ani4ani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    Hi there, I have a colleague who is joining me in Wales this week - he is based in North Leeds and works out of the Regus office at Thorpe Park - I will give him the projector and you can collect from him at the end of the week.

Once that plan is in place, I will PM his details and you can arrange the collection

cheers

Pete

15. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    Brilliant, cheers Pete. Will wait for your PM.