Cheap projector for garden

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Hi

Thinking about getting a cheap projector for the garden. As basic as they come, looking for something under £100. Amazon is full of them, but interested if anyone has seen anything that is particularly good value/quality for the price. I know nothing about projectors. This will only be used for the very occasional movie or sporting event.

thanks

DJT75

Distinguished Member
And screen - cheap as chips stretching one will do. Can accommodate up to 120" under my gazebo

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Any of the £100 projectors will need zero external lighting, as they are about 150 - 300 Ansi lumens at best. You simply won't see much of an image until the sun is well down.

If you need a projector that will give you an image during dusk, you might be better with a 2nd hand, brighter projector. I picked up a 2nd hand 2500 lumen SVGA resolution projector for free, as they no longer could use it in the office due to low resolution, but to watch some football or throw on a film, it is fine. Sunlight will kill the image, but a dark gazebo with the mesh sides one would be OK upto 100" or so.

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Thanks. Should say it will be inside this. So o can close the roof completely and pull down the sides when watching something too. But generally I’m looking for after dark.

Attachments

• 3EB3A9B6-1880-4367-A702-6FD583BDFB3D.jpeg
    3EB3A9B6-1880-4367-A702-6FD583BDFB3D.jpeg
    532.9 KB · Views: 13

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
I would go bright and second hand over the Amazon LED bulb specials. Have a look on Ebay, there seems to be a few available at not too much money.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member

MarcDavison

Novice Member
I ordered a sub £100 Projector from Amazon during the Euros and it was unusably dim in anything but a pitch black room, certainly wasnt usable outdoors.

I ordered a Yaber V6 the next day which cost £170 and was a massive step up in brightness and quality. So much so that we've now installed a drop down screen in the living room and are using it nightly to watch films.

I'll be the first to admit it's not on a par to a proper Home Cinema projector but it's not bad and hopefully I'll be in a position to upgrade next year now that we've had a taste of what even a relatively cheap projector can do.

You'll see the same projector listed on Amazon under various brands and you just need to go with which ever has the lowest price that day! (eg same projector is also sold as the Wimius K1) Prices are constantly changing for each of them.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom