1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheap progressive -Arianet DVD-2255 DVD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by desibeo, Nov 24, 2002.

1. desibeo

desibeo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I hear this £88 player from www.aria.co.uk has component / progressive scan output.

Has anybody here seen/ used it? Whats it like? Is it really as good as it appears?

-Kevin.

2. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No it dont !!!
    At least not according to the spec.

3. desibeo

desibeo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes it does. Check the comments from people who've bought one. It does say "progressive scan" on the front of the machine and people are saying on that site that it _does_ do PS.

-Kevin.

4. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not possible without component outputs, care to explain......

5. sconepanman

sconepanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I took a closer look at the web site. It appears it does have component out but here is an example of the comments:

Purchased a gold components jack to use with the ypbpr output to my new 36'' telly, picture very good but the colours were bad, tryed swapping the pb and pr connectors , colour same as scart socket so the internal wireing is wrong but the colour are still washed out and the brightness problem is still there . tried the pdvd button and the no picture, got the vcd disk to work with menu button, So no progressive scan, no bright light, washed out picture, plays any thing is about the only good thing about the the player. I am thinking about about sending it back...

Hmmm....

:rolleyes: