Cheap portable projector

NeiloOfTheNorth

Novice Member
Hi all. I've been looking for a cheap portable projector that I can take on holiday twice a year. I'd like to keep it under £100 cos it won't see a huge amount of use. I don't mind going down the second hand route. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
N

password1

Distinguished Member
I have a projector off ebay called DB power 66. Cost £70 and perfectly acceptable if you don't project a too large image for occasional use. I've used mine on average once or twice a month. Mine is a few years old and still working fine. The performance of projectors costing several 10 times more is much better on larger screens.

For my next projector, I will have no problems buying a higher model from the same manufacturer.

password1

Distinguished Member
I use HDMI but you can connect other cables to it.

What size image are you looking to project. The larger the image the more blurry it becomes as it's a cheap projector.

NeiloOfTheNorth

Novice Member
It doesn't need to go any higher than 100 inches. In fact 70 or 80 would suffice. A 720p native resolution would do, but it's hard to filter out the junk from the worthy options.

password1

Distinguished Member
It can do 1080.. blu rays are much clearer than DVDs.

For over 70 inches I'd look for something better.

It's pretty rubbish and blurry if you compare to a cheap modern TV bought within the last 20 years. Just don't expect crystal clear.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom