Cheap player with ftp server?

fergusfog

Advice needed and appreciated, folks..

Need a fairly simple media player for the other half's house. Requirements are thus:
- Easy to use (may sound sexist, but it needs to be! :) )
- FTP server (or similar) so I can put files on it from over the internet
- Wide format support

That's about it. Needs to be cheap though, <£150.

The O!Play things or Boxee look good but not clear whether they can act as servers for syncing/uploading.

Many thanks,
Ferg.

MarkE19

An HDI Dune TV101 or TV301 should do all you want. The TV101 does not have space for an internal HDD but can use a USB HDD. The TV301 has space for a laptop 2.5" HDD as well as being able to use external USB HDD's.
With a HDD connected they will both act as a NAS so can be used over the network to copy media and do also have an FTP client - Accessing Player from Network
These players use the Sigma Designs 8670 chipset which has very good media support, so should work with most of the main video & audio formats.
The main UI is not the best, but you can add your own video wall via a 3rd party program that runs from a PC or Mac - but once setup the PC is no longer required. I use Zappiti but there are many other options such as Yamj/Eversion, My Movies and Yadis or for a Mac you have DuneX.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom