1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheap plasma t.v.

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Rich, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Rich

Rich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    has anyone seen that currys(dont think this restricted to the local branch here) are selling a 42" samsung plasma t.v.,with a t.v. tuner unit,speakers and either a desktop stand or wall bracket for only £2999 with 12 months interest free credit.....i cant find much information about this model,but it sounds like a bargain to me

oh yes......model no' ps42p2sbx

2. England100

England100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have asked about it in the Plasma and LCD Displays forum. It's also in Dixons in Cardiff and Bristol. Lots of connectivity - 3 Scart, 2 comp, PC, DVI, and 5.1, teletext, split screen. But very little info on it anywhere and no magazine reviews.

The turner box which is key is not mentioned in detail on the web site.

Also I know DVDs are fantastic but broadcast studio pictures seem pretty poor on plasmas so I'm not convinced.

3. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    my local sevenoaks are doing a fujitsu 42" for £3k, not bad if you can afford it! apparently its not the latest model and have a limited supply only, but its still cheap for one of the leading brands (i think!)

4. Rich

Rich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    i think the problem with the picture with a transmitted signal is because when you see one connected to sky or analogue tv in a shop,it is usually a shared signal with all the other tv's in the shop,so reception(and picture quality) is not as good as it should be

5. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmmm... wonder how it compares to the 42" LG from Richer sounds for £2499 ???

Taz.:cool:

6. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +625
    I would have a look at one first before you get too excited, me and a mate, who isn't that into Tvs saw one the other day and even he commented on how washed out it looked.

the contrast ratio must be about 300:1 at the most, and you cannot get this looking better, we tried.