Cheap Plasma stand from Aria

antfish77

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I bought one of these from Aria. I wasn't too sure how good the quality would be...

Well I have to say I am pretty impressed. My mate bought an Alphason stand and the quality is comparable. The instructions were a bit vaugue but you soon get the hang of it. Anyway I thought I would post a couple of pics incase anybody was considering buying one of these stands.

These pics were taken on a camera phone so the quality isn't great but I can upload some better pics if people want. Let me know.

:) :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nothing built into the unit. I have used cable ties and you can't see any of the cables behind the unit. The two upright silver poles are pretty chunky so plenty of space to hide cable.

Looks like a bargain! How high is the top shelf from the floor?

Could you post the measurements of the shelf? I've been looking at the lcd version of this stand and need to get an amp, dvd player and a dvd recorder onto it.

Thanks.:thumbsup:

Steve

I like the look of these stands also. The LCD version appeals to me as I've got a SKY+ box, DVD Recorder and a soon to be acquired AV REceiver to fit onto it. I'd like the domensions of the shelves too. Also, assuming it's the same on the LCD version as your Plasma version, how far away from the wall at the back is the back of your screen? I've been thinking of wall mounting my screen to try and keep it as flush with the wall as possible but thought these stands may offer a cheaper and just as effective alternative option.

I've also spotted this stand from Aria. Again, I'd like to know the measurements if anyone knows them.

The front of the screen is about 300mm from the wall.

The dimensions of the stand are:

depth: 500mm
Height: 330mm-340mm depending on carpet depth etc.
Length: 1100mm
height off first shelf from floor:70mm
Distance between 1st shelf and top shelf: 270mm

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• DSC00061.jpg
    DSC00061.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 147
Thanks for that. :thumbsup: Can you tell me what the widths of the shelf are - between the front 'poles' and at the rear, as it looks as thoug it tapers?:smashin:

Steve

It does taper. The rear ones are about 240mm

front 980mm.

the stand doesnt taper to the uprights at the back. The width of the glass at the back is 900mm.

antfish77,

Thanks for that:thumbsup:. I've tried for about 7 weeks to get Aria to confirm the size of the shelf as I didn't want the hassle of going through returning it if my kit didn't fit.:smashin:

Steve

antfish77,

Thanks for that:thumbsup:. I've tried for about 7 weeks to get Aria to confirm the size of the shelf as I didn't want the hassle of going through returning it if my kit didn't fit.:smashin:

Steve

No Worries mate. Do the dimensions of the unit fit your requirements?

Do you think you will be getting one?

Sorry for the late reply; I went out on the lash :smashin: . But yes, I ordered one the moment I saw your reply. Once it's all set up I'll get some pic's up.

Thanks again.

Steve

Sorry for not posting for a while, work been a little bit mad!

Yes I got it and it's a amazing value, it fit's all of my gear (DVD, DVDR, receiver, BFD, Xbox). There's enough clearance on the top shelf for my Centre (KEf Q95); but I've only got a tiny 26"LCD. I don't really think it would be a problem with a bigger screen, so much so, that rather than buy a bigger LCD we're thinking of getting a plasma! The tv bracket is not as the picture, but rather the big plasma one; if your screen is smaller than 32" you'll see it sticking out of the top/bottom and sides.

The only minuses are the instructions and the lack of cable management. The instructions are kak, but if you have Denon or Sony gear you'll be used to it! I've stumped out for a Stilexo 1601 (only around £20 on the 'bay!) as the spaghetti behind the stand spoils the 'look'; roll on HDMI 1.3!

Finally, the wow factor is there when all your friends come round and the look on their faces when you tell them the cost is even better!

Once I've got it (the cabling) sorted I'll post some pic's.

For those of you thiking about this stand, buy it you know you want to!:thumbsup:

One tip, put the stand together and before you push it into position work on the cables. Put all your gear on the stand then wire it up and sort out how you're going to hide or tidy the cables up. Saves a lot of time!

Noticed teh posts on teh stand at the top and the comments regarding cable management. Why not simply cut the scart lead and then re-solder a 21 pin plug on to the length you want. Maplin do the plugs at £1.50 and there is a wiring diagram on line. Takes 15 minutes, I have done it before

I've just bought one of these from aria, do you get the bolts to attach the plasma to the bracket or do i need to buy these?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom