Cheap Plasma/LCD Stands, Any Problems?

Andy.T

Hi, I'm considering buying a Pioneer 507XD in soon, I will want to wall mount it but initially I will need some sort of stand.

What do you guys reckon to this kind of thing from Aria.

It seem like a real bargain, it's only basic, I know, but it'd do right? Or are there any pitfalls I should beware of?

I just don't want to pay over the odds for something really posh looking when I am going to get limited use out of it.

Thanks in advance for any opinions/pointers,

Andy.T

Anyone?

I know it's a different league to other stands (costing 3 or 4 times as much etc.) but is it likely to do the job? Or has anyone heard of something like this collapsing? :eek:

Andy.T

Any thoughts anyone? :lease:

Don't make me beg. :rolleyes:

SmokeyBubbles

Novice Member
Hi Andy,

Not wanting to see a grown man beg:rotfl:

I think no one has answered as no one owns that model. A lot of people opted for the Portibiliy GT stands seen in the Bargain Glass Stand thread. I bought one and can certainly vouch for their quality (and price):devil:

If you are still keen on your stand then buy it!! Most stands are fairly good quality - if not send it back.

Andy.T

Smokey - thanks for that.

I've just found that using this link instead I can get that stand for £42.24. :eek:

So I guess I'll just check compatability with my intended screen and take a gamble, seems rude not to at that price. Basically I want to spend the least amount of money possible without causing a £2k screen to crash to the floor. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

SmokeyBubbles

Novice Member
Don't blame you Andy, that really would make a grown man cry:eek:

One idea might be to phone Aria and ask who the stand is manufactured by and call the manufacturers direct. I called Portability (the makers of my stand) using yell.com to find their number before I purchased and they were very helpful. Might make you sleep easier at night!

You might also want to ask them if they sell direct as you might get a better deal:devil:

stevej

Hi Andy,

Did you get this stand in the end? If yes, can you let know the measurements of the shelves?

Thanks,

Steve

Andy.T

Hi Steve,

No I haven't bought it, but then I haven't bought the telly yet either heh. :rolleyes:

I'm still trying to confirm it would be compatible at the moment over in the Pioneer 507 Plasma thread.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom